• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Grimsby

Rovers v Grimsby
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
ian goodison
wow no nail biting finish this time great through ball from banks for the 1st great save from scottie for the penalty only for the players reacting too slow, great response from mannie for the 2nd couldn,t tell whether nors was a shot or cross but who cares then 4 up at h/t couple of great saves from davies, must admit ellis/monthe are a great pairing, icing on the cake jose baxter red carded dare we dream?

Player
aldo
lets sell out are away end on sat the boys deserve it . lets dream lets hope we can continue a magnificent run . the fans are brilliant the team are brilliant . god i love this club . its a shame im not there this week lets just enjoy it as long as it goes on . mm what a great job he is doing

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What a season we are having.
I'm start to pinch myself as the turnaround in the last few weeks has been incredible. We are in such a fantastic position now and like you say, automatic promotion is a realistic goal.

I thought it took us 10-15 minutes to get into the game tonight but once we settled down, I could see we started to play some really neat football. We have some really consistent performers in the team now and players that are playing their best football in a Rovers shirt. Our quality additions in midfield have also made a tremendous difference to our performances and those around them. Davies, Monthe, Ellis, Caprice, Banks, Jennings, Pringle, Perkins and of course top scorer James Norwood. You couldn't fault them at the moment.

I'm glad we scored a hatful. Not only so we could repay them after the 5-2 defeat early this season but because our performances recently have merited more goals. The game was over at half time, and although Grimsby tried in the second half, it was fairly comfortable for Rovers defensively and we saw the game out without breaking too much sweat.

Not that it matters now, but I also felt it for Davies' penalty save. It was a great save and he was fuming that his teammates didn't react quick enough to hack it away. The last 20 mins of this game was great. We were cruising at 4-1, the Kop was in good voice, it felt great being a Rovers fan. It feels like the club is really moving forward again and it's been a long time coming.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The brief highlights suggest all Grimsby in the second half. Presume that's not a fair reflection?

Think there have been a few situations when Davies has made a good block but our defenders haven't been quick enough to the second ball. Scotty has been in very good form recently.

Was a little surprised Micky didn't give Mullin or Dagnall a bit of a run out, given how the second half evolved.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The brief highlights suggest all Grimsby in the second half. Presume that's not a fair reflection?
Grimsby had the better of the second half, but largely because we stood off the game and protected our own eighteen yard box. This seemed to be a deliberate tactic, given that the wind was against us after half time. We defended very well and both centre backs were excellent, in addition to Davies. The game had effectively been won in the first half.

We still had several good forays forward, largely through Caprice down the right hand side.