• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Grecians

What will the result be ?

• Tranmere victory

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Exeter victory

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Rovers v Grecians
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, March 20, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 20, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Think I’m just old school with the 4-4-2! Hardly anyone plays it these days so must be a reason for that.
Agree we have a squad that is flexible enough for a few different systems. I’m not bothered which as long as we start scoring again

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Nugent is a fox in the box - always has been and always will be. At 36 his energy needs to be spent 100% looking to create space for himself in and around the box. Whatever formation we play, if Nugent is in the team we need to set up to supply him. Otherwise there is no point in playing him at all, apart from short cameos off the bench. At L2 level he should be too good for that.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Kahn, Morris and O'Connor start, Nugent remains in the side. O'Connor is presumably in midfield and it will be interesting to see how we set up.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A0E4905E-F575-4120-9B1A-80C61566C09B.png

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well he (Nugent) gets another chance today. Morris back in, Lewis on the bench.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
No CBT in the squad. Could Grimsby be his last appearance in a TRFC shirt? As RLC assuming Khan is RB it will be interesting where OConnor plays alongside Spearing. Or will Otis play further forward? Surely Nugent will get a goal sooner or later

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Kahn, Morris and O'Connor start, Nugent remains in the side. O'Connor is presumably in midfield and it will be interesting to see how we set up.
Indeed - probably every tactical permutation is possible with the team selection!

Player
Manager
John King
I did not actually think CBT was that bad on Wednesday, not that I am suggesting he should start today.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I did not actually think CBT was that bad on Wednesday, not that I am suggesting he should start today.
I agree. Wingers are at times criticised but can only do something when they are given the ball. The commentators on Wednesday said he wasn’t happy being taken off and maybe something has been said (or he could just be injured), but to not have him on the bench is a mistake in my view when no one else on that bench has pace like Corey

Reactions: Boz
Player
Manager
John King
Spearing was overrun in midfield when we lost the reverse fixture 5-0, which may be why Keith feels the need to play O'Connor alongside him today.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Spearing was overrun in midfield when we lost the reverse fixture 5-0, which may be why Keith feels the need to play O'Connor alongside him today.

Yes the commentators think it might be 4-2-3-1 with spearing and OConnor protecting that back 4. Makes sense. They have a number of dangers including the winger Wilmott who has come back in.

We’ll do well to keep a clean sheet today.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I thought CBT played ok at Grimsby and did more tracking back than usual, was surprised he was the first to be hooked then and would have preferred to see him on the bench ahead of Kirby/Crawford today. Both Khan and O'Connor are back, will be interesting to see if they're capable of lasting the full 90. Lewis needs a breather so good rotation to rest him today.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Lewis needs a breather so good rotation to rest him today.
Yes agreed, he's looked a little jaded recently.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
and with no Jolly on the bench and no CBT god, we are light upfront,we will win 1-0
Or even Burton. Hopefully doesn’t matter but if with 20 mins to go we need to freshen the attacking areas up don’t have an out and out striker

Player
Manager
John King
Just listening to the interview with Norwood pre-match and it sounds like he would want to come back here at some stage.