• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Gillingham

Rovers v Gillingham
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, September 7, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, September 7, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
its a winnable game . hope its the same team . looks like it could be around 6-65000 gate . lets hope the boys put in another show like last week and keep moving up the table . lets keep the positive vibes going .

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
This match and then oxford away are both winnable games. Anything less than 3 points from both will make our poor start continue

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
its a winnable game . hope its the same team . looks like it could be around 6-65000 gate . lets hope the boys put in another show like last week and keep moving up the table . lets keep the positive vibes going .
That would be a fantastic gate for League One . But seriously, I'd take one win and one draw. I'm confident we'll get at least three points.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I am missing this one as I fly to Menorca on Saturday for a week, im hoping for a home win 2 1

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We should be targeting our first 'real' victory from this game: Gillingham have started poorly and don't have many standout names in their squad, and they are exactly the sort of team we have to beat at Prenton Park if we are to stay up.

I think Micky will stick with the same team that drew at Rotherham, in a 352 formation. There is a risk that playing three at the back will be too negative at home against moderate opposition, with too many players in the wrong areas of the pitch, but we have the option to change things if necessary. With players returning from injury there is more competition in the squad now and it will be interesting to see who makes the bench.

Prediction: I agree with AM's attendance forecast and would guess there will be about 300 fans travelling from Kent. I think we will win this one.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Last week's equaliser will have done more for team spirit than the smacking of Notlob.
I'm sure we'll see more energy from them straight from the off.
Can't see any unenforced changes though what's the score with the Man U lad? Fit?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
We really do need to win this one to provide a springboard for the next few games, at least in terms of confidence, and I think we will win. Agree with RLC in hoping that Micky will reward the 3-5-2 formation that got us a point at Rotherham - as long as we play with 'wing backs' who push higher up the pitch rather than 'full backs'. Will be interesting to see whether Borthwick-Jackson will get the nod ahead of Ridehalgh... Personally, would like to see Gilmour come on at some stage in the game. I think he showed real promise last season and can do a job for us.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think the only time I've seen us play Gillingham was a 3-2 win in our last season in what's now the Championship. Don't recall being at a game where the obnoxious Steve Evans is the opposing manager, so expect some dark arts on display from the touchline.

Injuries aside, I can't see any change in starting xi for this one, though as RLC alludes to, tactical adjustments may be needed as things unfold. I agree that we need the win, but not totally confident of getting it. 6k would be a decent turnout for this game.

Player
ian goodison
1st time in years I buy a season ticket owing to shift work then find I miss the next 3 games through holidays so am going for a 2-0 win hoping for a smile on the plane sunday

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I'm hoping that CB-J starts tomorrow. I think that Rides played really well last Saturday but I can't see that this lad has been brought in to warm the bench. He is likely to be suited to a attacking wing back role as well if we keep the 3-5-2. I think the only reason for him not starting would be a lack of match fitness. Once our new signings are all fit (or not suspended) our line up could potentially look quite different.

Player
Manager
John King
I am not sure Ridehalgh will be dropped tomorrow. I agree that in a few weeks time the starting line up could look different, but it would not be great for team spirit to drop anybody after last Saturday's showing.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd be very surprised if Borthwick-Jackson starts tomorrow. If Ridehalgh had one of his better games this season at Rotherham, then why would Micky drop him? Agree with RLCs point about team morale too.

Player
Manager
John King
My feeling after Saturday was that several of the players who came into the side due to injuries and suspensions - Potter, Nelson, Payne - could become regulars in the weeks ahead. I don't think the current absentees automatically get their places back.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I understand exactly what you are saying and was not expecting any changes after last weekend. However, that was before this signing and at some point C B-J will start. I'm not sure that MM will necessarily wait for a defeat and/or a poor Rides performance to make the change. If he does, I don't think it will be a long wait anyway! The main thing is that whoever starts plays well and, more importantly, that we are on 7 points come tomorrow teatime.

Player
Manager
John King
Mellon generally names an unchanged team after a strong performance. In the case of CBJ, he has the 'excuse' that he has only officially been with us a couple of days if he wants to leave him out.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I would certainly like to see him in place of Ridehalgh but agree he won't be given the chop. Not just yet anyway.