• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Forest Green

Rovers v Forest Green
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Friday, April 19, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Friday, April 19, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
well this is gonna be my second to last game for a few months . we need another bumper gate and i think it will be 8k plus again . we owe forest green more than one . lets hope the boys keep the presure up . we could be in the auto places on friday night . lets fill pp to the rafters and make the veggies sh@%&t em selves . 6 home wins in a row lets finish on a high i think the lord will get his 30 and connor will do it again .3-1 with over 8500 there . i will be with my little girle

Player
ian goodison
last time we played these in a league match we lost 1-0 but remember harris & Wallace taken out with shocking tackles which finished their season worse was when the players went off the managers son Charlie cooper & full back bennett gave each other high 5,s horrible club let,s pay back good style

Player
aldo
4560 already its gonna be 8k plus again . im not there as with this weekend just cant make it . its so annoying but hey ho . will be there for bury

Player
aldo
5000 sold already . its gonna be massive lets get some from over the water coming to watch . who cares as long as the money is in the bank .

Player
aldo
5450 sold now pissed im missing it . also now working monday had to give my ticket to a mate boooooo

Player
aldo
5550 its gonna be a good one i got a very positive feel for this think the boys are gonna wont revenge for the last 2 beatings

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's going to be another very healthy attendance. Let's just soak it up and enjoy.

Player
aldo
its great seeing the old place filling up lets hope more and more keep coming back .MP must be loving it as well . its gotta be helping with the clubs coffers . i can see it topping 9k then can see bury if things pan out right being a sell out .. Also Great Seeing the . S.W.A. 2 getting news time last week witch is great we need more kids in the place

Player
aldo
6650 now for friday over 1000 sales today alone thats amazing brilliant backing for the team again bye the best supporters in the world . it could be heading for 10k can we get it over 7k tonight that would be brilliant

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We've got a poor record against Forest Green, only beaten them once and lost the last 3 games, including the play-off final. Monthe, Ellis and Norwood playing against their old club, while the visitor's Gavin Gunning had a loan spell with Rovers, I think during the Barnes era. Hoping for a change of luck, expect an unchanged side from that which finished against Milton Keynes and hope Jay Harris plays as well as last weekend. The crowd size is going to be interesting.

Player
aldo
now 6k for friday . oh what a game between city . and spurs 4-3 and spurs win on away goals 4 goals in first 11 mins

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We certainly have a poor record against Forest Green. We won the first encounter against Pennock's side when they were still playing hoofball, but we have found it more difficult against Cooper's footballing teams, and two of the defeats have been particularly crucial and painful: the 1-0 loss at Prenton Park in April 2017 when we outplayed FGR and were caught on the counter attack, a defeat which cost us the NL title, and the play off final at Wembley. We were also poor defensively at the New Lawn back in October, but it is a very different Tranmere side now.

I expect we will start with the team that finished the last game, although I have not seen anything to confirm that Perkins is unavailable. FGR have the second best away record in the division, so remaining patient and not exposing ourselves to breakaways could be vital. It goes without saying that we have to win if we want to make the top three.

Prediction: crowd of around 9,000 and the real Rovers hopefully edging the game.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
now 6k for friday . oh what a game between city . and spurs 4-3 and spurs win on away goals 4 goals in first 11 mins
I have not got much time for that level of football. However, I was pleased Spurs went through rather than moneybags City: I thought their manager and players conducted themselves well when we met in the FA Cup and Son is probably the best player I have ever seen in the flesh.

Player
Norwood
I have not got much time for that level of football. However, I was pleased Spurs went through rather than moneybags City: I thought their manager and players conducted themselves well when we met in the FA Cup and Son is probably the best player I have ever seen in the flesh.
It was nice that Son got an ovation as he went off when we played them, as he was very classy. Two morons in front of me were going mad at this, missing the point that it is a good thing to witness brilliance, even when on the receiving end!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’ve tried to erase the Spurs Cup game from my memory. I’d like Ajax to win the Chimps League.