• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Forest Green - Play Off 1

Rovers v Forest Green - Play Off 1
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Friday, May 10, 2019 - 07:45 PM
Until: Friday, May 10, 2019 - 09:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am not watching the game but yes, Mansfield are definitely a more talented side than them.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I don't think away goals count extra so we can afford to be a little more adventurous.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The teams are very evenly matched and the tie will probably be settled by small margins. I certainly don't see us blowing them away 4-0 in the first leg, and if we are too gung ho we will be punished.

Player
aldo
3-0 or 2-0 i realy think the lads are gonna be very up for it .the one thing already i noticed this week and i said about it last week the boys and managment have been real quiet . give them nothing to use against us then hit em like a steam train hope nors and mullin both play but i think mm will stick with the same formation

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
8463 tickets sold, will the crowd will reach 5 figures with late and on gate sales?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think both game will be tight and goals will be difficult. I am not expecting any massive comebacks as in the Reds and Spurs games. We can do it if we get the rub of the green and the ref stamps out the niggly fouls and timewasting.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
On BBTCs point regarding the referee tonight’s official is John Busby. Did our first ever home game v Forest Green where the visitors resorted to thuggery and mentored by Dermot Gallagher. I am not confident he will be strong enough to clamp down on Forest Green’s spoiling tactics.

SuperJase

Player
Jason Koumas
Even if the ref lets them get away with their usual antics I think we'll be fine over 180 minutes, Coopers approach gets exposed the longer his players have to stretch out the game and the more blatant their histrionics become to the ref, it'll make a big difference from the games during the season, playing them for 2 separate 90 minute results to playing them in essentially a 180 minute long result - where we get a fresh alternative ref at the mid-point. I think quality will tell over the tie anyway, wrote this for Ubi Fides to that effect - https://ubifides.wordpress.com/2019/05/09/escaping-the-crab-bucket/

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Jase, I've given you a "like" for the Ubi Fides article. A great piece of journalism and fan fodder.

For the benefit of everyone not familiar with this website, it contains an up-to-date squad list with ages and contract details. This will be useful for the usual end-of-season debates about our staffing for next season.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Had a few " looseners" in Gallaghers ready for the tent. ;)
If it goes tits up the pain won't be half as bad as losing the final to them.
There's being distraught.....and there's being in The Bin.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Imagine what the gate would be with decent away support, eg Oldham or Bury - basically anyone but FGR. :(
There were 4 L2 teams averaging worse on their travels this season with Crawley having the worst travelling support. Given their location small towns/hamlets in a rugby playing area, FGR travelling support not that bad. The short notice and inconvenient times to suit Sky will have an impact; only 286 Mansfield fans at Newport last night for example.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I have to say I prefer the new NL playoff system, although the whole concept is essentially unfair. But it makes money and keeps interest going longer.