• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Forest Green - Play Off 1

Rovers v Forest Green - Play Off 1
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Friday, May 10, 2019 - 07:45 PM
Until: Friday, May 10, 2019 - 09:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
there fans are supper confodent . lets hope they mouth off and mm can use it against them

Player
aldo
the count down is on lets fill pp lets make more noise than ever b4 lets scare the living daylights out of them . lets make it horrible for them . lets be the 12 man lets drive them on lets suck the ball in the net . lets cheer the boys home lets boo the away team . lets beat are drums lets sing till we cant sing no more lets shout till are we cant shout no more lets dance and jump up and down till we cant no more . the boys need us we need to be one we need to stay strong against these cheating time wasting horrible little club ........ lets stay as one one team lets do it we owe them one or two or three

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King

General sale from Friday. Have to get mine on Thursday as i'm missing a couple of points :(
TROSC have said at least 1,000 tickets will be available on Thursday, so you should be fine.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I have to say if there is one League Two side I'd love us to beat it's FGR. I've even less time for them than MK Dons. They have caused us a lot of grief over the past four years. However, I trust Micky has learned a lot about their set-up and tactics over the years. The team and the SWA will need to be patient. The referee will be busy and I hope none of our players gets provoked. On Friday, we will see one of the best home teams play the best away side. Ironically, it's almost the other way round for the return leg. Even if we get a bad result in the first leg, I would still give us a good chance of rectifying things in Gloucestershire.

My main worry for these play-offs is the loss of key defensive players - particularly Caprice, Ellis and McCullough, but our main advantage is our play-off experience. I don't think there is any clear favourite. Mansfield are in shocking form, MK Dons are erratic and while Newport are the form team, they have scored the fewest and conceded the most goals of the four sides involved. So, I think each of us has about a 25% of promotion and it would be a massive achievement to be in League One next season.

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
Yeah should be ok, 1st solo away trip in a few years for me (I’m only 29) thanks.

In regards to the match, I really don’t know what to expect or hope for. We can beat any team in this league on our day but for the most part I just want the lads to go out and after the 2 legs or perhaps even after another Wembley appearance say that they gave it their all as it’s been a fantastic season whatever happens and they’ve made everyone proud of what has been achieved.

Who’d have thought spending those 3 years down there would have such a positive outcome for the whole club and fanbase and brought everybody together as it has...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think it's fair to say we'll have a10k gate which should be plenty to make some noise and spur the lads to victory!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Before last night, Liverpool were said to have a 4% chance of reaching the Champions League final. I said earlier that we have a 25% chance of promotion. That looks great by comparison.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm feeling a little edgy for Fri game. I keep thinking back to the games against FGR and we just don't do well.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Yes, Ian. I wouldn't have chosen FGR but the satisfaction will be all the greater when we win. ;) I think our team spirit will tell but we must keep our composure and be patient. The SWA needs to perform like we did at Wembley. Playing against 11 is normal but having 10,011 against them will be new for our visitors.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I actually think the away leg will be OK. We could keep it tight but we have to make sure we put a few past them at home.

Player
aldo
i think mm will out think cooper . i also think the home game could have been a blessing a couple of weeks back . the boys know what there gonna get and i think it will get them more determind to do well . i also think some of the lads will want revenge for the final loss. realy hope so we need to give em some back

Player
aldo
have you seen the prices for the final £60 the cheapest then £154. dearest £514 thats total rip off and more fool the fans who will pay to go