• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Forest Green - Play Off 1

Rovers v Forest Green - Play Off 1
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Friday, May 10, 2019 - 07:45 PM
Until: Friday, May 10, 2019 - 09:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
now im getting fed up of these veggie lovers . its about time we gave em a beating . just hope we are more potent in front of goal this time , and take our chances lets get a full home attendance we know they will bring less than 200 if they bring more they wont know how to control them . so lets play nors and mullin up top . and have a real go at em we need a good score to take to there place

Player
aldo
this is the way i see it . when we beat Bristol rovers in the leyland daf cup they beat us twice in that season . i think we will get the better of them lets do it

Player
aldo
1600 sales today . I just hope the players go about their business quietly they need the same mentality as they did for the play offs final

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We need to score the first goal as we all know they will time waste and play act as long as it is level or if they take the lead

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It would not surprise me if they time waste if we have a one goal lead, knowing that they still have another game to play.

We need to put their approach to one side and avoid any excuses in this game. If FGR time waste the crowd need to stay patient and keep supporting the team, rather than being sidetracked and getting frustrated.

Player
aldo
We need to hit them like a steam train get in there faces and don't let am breath . I didn't normally say it but kicking the @#$%&t out of them as well . I can't make both games as work calls just can't get away . But hey no will be listening

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It may not sell out (certainly the Cowshed won't) but we should get this season's first 10,000 league gate.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Interesting that Mickey says they're not too disappointed having the home game first - a chance to rest up at the earliest opportunity rather than after long journey back given that the games are in quick succession.
Hartlepool away in first leg in Little's reign did us no favours and the second home leg against Shots was no stroll despite the advantage we held.
A win by a few clear goals would be great but at very least we need to still be the tie at the end of first leg. I do doubt we'd be able to go down there and turn over a deficit, FG would simply strangle the life out of the game

Player
aldo
2225 . thats just home fans on day one of sales the veggie lovers go on sale tomorrow. all that matters is that we don,t let them wind us up . we know they will cheat and wast time but we have to raise against it and show some balls and do em . horrible little club and there are not that meney clubs i would say that against

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Does anybody have a link or know how much the clubs will get from tv for being shown live ?

Player
Manager
John King
Does anybody have a link or know how much the clubs will get from tv for being shown live ?
As I understand it, there is no additional fee from Sky. The play off games are covered by the package agreed with all the clubs covering the season as a whole.

Player
aldo
nearly 4000 sold now we might hit 5000 tonight witch will be cracking if we can . and thats just home fans . wonder if the veggies might sell out . a mini bus lol if there lucky . do we know what we have been given for there place what ever it is we will sell it no worrys

Player
Jonny Morrisey
I'm quietly confident to be fair, I think we need to go with 2 up top like we did in the second half at our place, when Mullin came on and caused all sorts of problems. Need to contain their full backs, particularly their left back, who had a lot of time and space last time. I also think Perkins will offer us a bit more protection aswell. Not able to get to the home game but does anyone know when tickets go on sale for the 2nd leg?

Player
Manager
John King
I'm quietly confident to be fair, I think we need to go with 2 up top like we did in the second half at our place, when Mullin came on and caused all sorts of problems. Need to contain their full backs, particularly their left back, who had a lot of time and space last time. I also think Perkins will offer us a bit more protection aswell. Not able to get to the home game but does anyone know when tickets go on sale for the 2nd leg?
We have got 1,224 tickets which will be sold in tiers. More details to be announced soon.

I would guess they will be on restricted sale tomorrow and general sale in a couple of days.

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton

General sale from Friday. Have to get mine on Thursday as i'm missing a couple of points :(

Player
aldo
some of there fans saying nothing to fear . nothing to get excited about its only TRANMERE i hope there players think the same . the fact they are saying around 400 will make the trip thats s$%&t even they should top 1k ......