• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v FGR

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Anyone think Keith a tad grumpy in his interview?
Yes. I think he was stung by the criticism after Saturday. I felt a bit sorry for him watching it, but if we show the appetite and adventure we did tonight on a consistent basis there will be no complaints, even when we lose games. He has to admit that we were not as proactive in the Bradford / Barrow / Stevenage games, or at least not for the full ninety minutes.

Perhaps the criticism partly inspired the improved performance tonight ?

Player
aldo
yes but he still says Saturday was not a bad display think he was having a little pop at the fans but as you say play like tonight week in week out he will be doing good

Player
aldo
hey thats a fair point, also he must have read I called him a Tramp he had a shave at least lol, fair to him it was a superb performance got the job done, and more importantly gave Cooper a kick up the arse more we do that the better

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Makes you wonder does he read forums or social media as how did he realise how annoyed the fans were after Saturday?

always worth a chuckle listening to Cooper after a defeat. He almost reminds me of David Brent from The Office.....https://youtu.be/RESFAJvODho

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
always worth a chuckle listening to Cooper after a defeat. He almost reminds me of David Brent from The Office.....https://youtu.be/RESFAJvODho
Had a right go at some of his own players but gave no credit to Tranmere. But who cares?

Player
Manager
John King
Makes you wonder does he read forums or social media as how did he realise how annoyed the fans were after Saturday?

I would guess he has had a few conversations with Palios recently.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Suddenly after just one match, everyone is positive again. And rightly so. Looking ahead to the next month, we have eight fixtures including five at home. All are against teams in the bottom half of the table, apart from a visit to Morecambe. So by the time we face visits to Carlisle and Leyton Orient at the end of February, we should be in a much better position than now. If Covid puts an early end to the season, we need to pick up points fast.

Player
Manager
John King
Last night was a step in the right direction. We played our best football under Hill to date, and the display was similar in style to the Dawes period.

However, it was only one game. We still have to find the consistency that has so far been absent under Hill, starting on Saturday. Most fixtures at this level look winnable on paper.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes we always knew we had the team to do it but consistency is the key. Maybe lack of confidence from the players as we touched on a few weeks back.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Last night was a step in the right direction. We played our best football under Hill to date, and the display was similar in style to the Dawes period.

However, it was only one game. We still have to find the consistency that has so far been absent under Hill, starting on Saturday. Most fixtures at this level look winnable on paper.
Consistency is the key, posative attacking football should be more than enough to have us near the top.

The problem is on Saturday will we get a stevenage performance or Forest Green performance.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
in December, wwe played better away than at home. So far this year, it's been the other way round. Hope it stays that way for the next two games. ;)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't think a draw at Stevenage was a bad result, they'd made some decent additions to the squad and were in a reasonable run when we played them. However the way we let them get on top off the game and offered little in the second half was troubling. While I'd have liked a more honest appraisal of that game from the manager, at least Keith changed things and the result was a much more positive side showing some decent football across the park and a win that was a little bit more comfortable than the scoreline suggested.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
KH says he looks at performances, not results so I can't believe he was happy with the Stevenage performance. It wasn't quite rock 'n' roll football. Draws away from home are never usually that bad as long as you are winning your home games too but the nature of the draw was frustrating where we created very little all game. We are much better than that.

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
I think what made the performance at Stevenage that bit harder to accept was that there had been a similar lack of urgency in the second half at Barrow. As Ian says, draws away from home are usually regarded as acceptable; however when a game is there to be won e.g. when Barrow were reduced to 10, and you seem to be settling for a point, that is when fans are entitled to be frustrated

Player
Manager
John King
As has been commented, I don't think the negative reaction to the Stevenage game was a response to one performance. We had played a series of struggling teams in the preceding weeks, but did not take control of or win any of those games, and there had been a steady decline in the standard of the performances since Hill's first week in charge, with the possible exception of the Bolton match.

However, the win on Tuesday is hopefully the beginning of an upturn in performances and results.

drwhoman

As has been commented, I don't think the negative reaction to the Stevenage game was a response to one performance. We had played a series of struggling teams in the preceding weeks, but did not take control of or win any of those games, and there had been a steady decline in the standard of the performances since Hill's first week in charge, with the possible exception of the Bolton match.

However, the win on Tuesday is hopefully the beginning of an upturn in performances and results.
I am not disagreeing with the comments about the Stevenage game as I did not see it. However, it is worth observing that they they had won their previous two games after a draw in a third so they were improving in performance before our game.