• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Exiles

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Newport

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I make Port Vale 25 to our 22, not including youth/first year pros. If distributed evenly, that's an extra option in defence, midfield and attack.

In terms of budget, Rides was one of our better paid players if that leaked wages table was correct and his deal at Bradford was reportedly an improvement.. If the bulk of their first teamers are on similar wages they won't be on a similar budget. Threlkeld came from Salford, who don't pay peanuts, while the likes of Canavan, Cooke and Evans have pedigrees at a higher level and won't come have cheap.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I make Port Vale 25 to our 22, not including youth/first year pros. If distributed evenly, that's an extra option in defence, midfield and attack.

In terms of budget, Rides was one of our better paid players if that leaked wages table was correct and his deal at Bradford was reportedly an improvement.. If the bulk of their first teamers are on similar wages they won't be on a similar budget. Threlkeld came from Salford, who don't pay peanuts, while the likes of Canavan, Cooke and Evans have pedigrees at a higher level and won't come have cheap.
Several of our players did not come cheap and have pedigrees at a higher level, and I still don't see Bradford's squad as having as many obviously high wage players as Salford's or Mansfield's. Ridehalgh was our second choice left back, so we obviously were not going to match Bradford's offer - he is first choice for them.

I think Vale's quality is lower across the board than ours, and our budget is not fully spent yet.

I think the 'leaked' wages information is a load of flannel, but if it is accurate we are one of the three or four highest payers in the division, which corroborates my original point.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Mike Flynn leaves Newport after 4 years. Will be interested where he ends up. Not the nicest team to watch but two play off finals and good cup runs mean he did a decent job there

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Mike Flynn leaves Newport after 4 years. Will be interested where he ends up. Not the nicest team to watch but two play off finals and good cup runs mean he did a decent job there
Did a decent job on a limited budget, would think easily get another job if he wants too.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Some suggestion he’s not happy with the DOF route that Newport have gone down. Is he capable of setting up teams to play a different way to what we’ve come to associate with the Exiles? Will be interesting to see how both fare.