• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Exiles

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A mate has told me more rumours going round again about Vaughan being out for a while. I did wonder whether hill saying something like “hopefully he shouldn’t be out too long”, was maybe mind games.

rumours he had an operation yesterday and is out for 6 weeks. Could be nonsense though
He said yesterday that Vaughan was being assessed on a daily basis, so that would not be consistent with having an operation. If we knew he was out for the season surely we would have announced it by now. Is it just the case that Hill wants to keep opposition managers guessing ?

It might be that Vaughan has a niggling problem and we simply don't know how long he is going to be out at this stage.

Player
aldo
I don,t listen to rumours thats all they are and as others have said if it was bad they would have told us already

Player
Manager
John King
Yes I’m sure it’s a load of nonsense. Hopefully he’s raring to go tomorrow
It does seem to be coming from several sources now that we were waiting for scan results at the beginning of the week and he is effectively out for the season.

All will have to be revealed soon I would imagine, as the club can't keep the news under wraps for ever.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, it's not sounding too good at all.

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
If he is out , his defensive capabilities will be missed as much as his goal scoring and goal opportunity creation for others. He has been impressive this season.

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It will be a big loss if Vaughan is out for the rest of the season. Hard to assess how big, as KH needs to work out how to get the best out of Nugent as his fitness improves and make adjustments elsewhere. Too early to write us off though

Player
Manager
John King
We have the best squad in the league, this period will prove it.
I agree with that. With Vaughan I would say we were favourites to win the league, but without him automatic promotion is still perfectly possible. We have a number of creators and goalscoring threats.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Kirby for Morris the only change. No sign of Vaughan.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
An attacking lineup with a number of impact subs on the bench if needed. Crawley gave a very defensive looking formation.