• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Exiles

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think KH has done a very good job so far and hopefully the final third of the season will see us achieve our aim.

We may well have been clear at the top under him but we will never know for sure, let's just enjoy the ride.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Had to chuckle at Mike Flynns post match interview after last nights game. Very abrupt with the reporter with a lot of one word answers. In the category of Mark Cooper! I had to laugh when the interviewer says " I thought Clarke and Ray played very well". Flynn says "Clarke was excellent", interviewer says " and Ray" and Flynn repeats "Clarke was excellent" - clearly not an admirer of George who played very well too!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That was brilliant to watch.

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
There appear to be a lot of supporters who don't have a good word to say about Ray. I don't remember him playing so badly as to be the reason for opposition scoring (often). Does anyone have a rational reason for people not rating him? After all, Monthe isn't exactly perfect and makes mistakes or gives the ball away from the games I have watched to date this season. There's a shock, players who make mistakes! As for Newport, I think a few players must already have equity cards.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Does anyone have a rational reason for people not rating him?
He was pretty poor when he signed for us. He didn't impose himself in the games and looked awful on crosses and his heading wasn't great. He didn't seem to have any standout qualities. Possibly just a confidence thing or the players around him.

I don't think there are many that can be critical of him this season though, he's been solid alongside Clarke. Like we said a few days ago, it probably helps that he has better players around him.

Player
ian goodison
I posted on another forum that micky gave him a 2yr deal so must have seen something in him, the one thing that sticks out to me is whoever plays alongside Clarke appears to step up to the mark he seems to keep the defence organised

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The Flynn interview was very terse, though he doesn’t come across that badly. Mentions the penalty shout near the end. I’d disagree with stonewall, but have seen them given. Our commentary team didn’t seem too perturbed at the time either.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Flynn is worshipped down there from his time as a manager and player. Having come so close to promotion just two years ago and having had such a great start to this campaign, he must feel frustrated at the thought his team look like they might blow it again.

Player
aldo
Yes thats what Mark was getting at in the Facebook thing last time if this is what working with an agent friend can do then fair the em done a grand job

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think many Newport supporters have actually run out of patience with Flynn. Their style of play is absolutely horrific, which is possibly acceptable when you are winning games, but less so when you have won two out of fifteen.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Had to chuckle at Mike Flynns post match interview after last nights game. Very abrupt with the reporter with a lot of one word answers. In the category of Mark Cooper! I had to laugh when the interviewer says " I thought Clarke and Ray played very well". Flynn says "Clarke was excellent", interviewer says " and Ray" and Flynn repeats "Clarke was excellent" - clearly not an admirer of George who played very well too!

An awful interview, particularly the first part. The first interviewer spoke more than Flynn and seemed to answer his own questions. The second interviewer got more out of him, but the whole thing sounded like a manager under pressure. It sounded like he was frustrated and didn't know what to do to improve things. All this after Newport were flying at the top in the autumn.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think many Newport supporters have actually run out of patience with Flynn. Their style of play is absolutely horrific, which is possibly acceptable when you are winning games, but less so when you have won two out of fifteen.
You would also think that if they do not change their style of play, eventually teams will find a way of winning against them which is what has been happening. It's a bit similar to our diamond formation which became less effective as the weeks went on. If you cannot adopt your style of play you will effectively struggle in the end as you know exactly what to expect before the game has even kicked off! It's also helps if you have a manager that is flexible and players who have the necessary skills.

I did chuckle a little when the 42-year old Ellison was introduced late on and did nothing but complain to the referee.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I couldn't watch them every week or other other week it is dire.

Player
aldo
you have to chuckle what a knob the second guy was laughing his head off when he came on for the second part

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Surprisingly Newport been given permission to play next 2 home games at Cardiff

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Surprisingly Newport been given permission to play next 2 home games at Cardiff
I wonder what would have happened when our pitch was in a bad state. Would we have got any sympathy from the EFL if we had not yet replaced the pitch and fixed the drainage?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A mate has told me more rumours going round again about Vaughan being out for a while. I did wonder whether hill saying something like “hopefully he shouldn’t be out too long”, was maybe mind games.

rumours he had an operation yesterday and is out for 6 weeks. Could be nonsense though