• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v exeter

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A cracking win against a decent team, nobody had really an off day, we are upto 4th now and for me we are one of the teams who can compete for a play off place or an automatic position although I do expect mk dons and Lincoln to go up automatic

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Even better news. We have played all the top teams and have still to play most of those at the bottom. The highest team yet to play is Bury (9th) and the other five teams are in the bottom third. So, hopefully once we have played everyone we might be in an even stronger position. We just need to stay positive but not overconfident.

Last edited:
Player
aldo
The transfer window will be interesting . Hope we pull all the stops out and keep nors from getting distracted. Sure there is gonna be loads of interest in him. Also need gilmore till the end of the seasons end if we can . Feel as though mullin is growing in confidence do we get another forward in . But what type if we had another hard working player that other fans hate a bully or somthing like that . We need to help nors out b gotta think you dont realy get goid players in jan . Its a hard one

drwhoman

I suppose Stockton will be fit again. Also, they need to keep McCulloch. He is key to what is a good defence. They would be a poorer team without him.

Player
ian goodison
as well as the whole team played, McCulloch was everywhere stepping in to break their play up, didn,t appear to break sweat always looking to thread the ball through, a real class act

Player
aldo
if i ha to choose bettween mullin and cole i would go mullin at the mo . but would be good for cole to get some goals

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Macca had the more difficult task of the two centre backs yesterday, marking the impressive Stockley. Steve certainly did not win every header as he usually does, but then again, I don't remember Stockley having an effort on goal either.
Stockley tried his luck against both central defenders and didn't get much change out of either. He looked a cut above some of the other opposing strikers we've seen this season, however I'm unsure McNulty's edgy start yesterday could be entirely linked to him.

Monthe as a central defender has been excellent recently. While I still have reservations about him as a makeshift left-back and don't know if he's a great defence-organiser, maybe we should be looking to extend his deal beyond the 12 months.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
if the rumours oar true mcCulloch will be sighned up in jan i hope he is been a great loan
McCullough is one of those unsung heroes mainly due to his role. He does an excellent job breaking up play and protecting the back four but will rarely be given MOTM or the credit he deserves. I'd be delighted if he signed on.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
McCullough is one of those unsung heroes mainly due to his role. He does an excellent job breaking up play and protecting the back four but will rarely be given MOTM or the credit he deserves. I'd be delighted if he signed on.
There seems a good chance that we will sign him permanently. Doncaster are going well in League One and he does not seem to be rated there.

McCullough would be a much bigger loss than Gilmour in my view, although I would like to keep both. We can replace Harvey's goals and creativity elsewhere but Harris is nowhere near as good in the water-carrier role as Luke. His disciplinary record is far poorer and he does not have the same positional sense.

Player
aldo
think harris will only get a game if we realy need him his sending off at swindle town . has done for that . just like last season against the posh the defender who shall not be named has had the same treatment by mm bye being stupid or letting therm selves down . i say good on mm to do it. shows the players need to be responsible .

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Stockley tried his luck against both central defenders and didn't get much change out of either. He looked a cut above some of the other opposing strikers we've seen this season, however I'm unsure McNulty's edgy start yesterday could be entirely linked to him.

Monthe as a central defender has been excellent recently. While I still have reservations about him as a makeshift left-back and don't know if he's a great defence-organiser, maybe we should be looking to extend his deal beyond the 12 months.
I am not sure McNulty did have an edgy start to be honest. I think Exeter started the stronger of the two teams, which is whey they caused the back four more problems in the opening twenty minutes than later in the game.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It’s a matter of perception, for me, Steve didn’t seem to exude his usual calm confidence in the early stages. There weren’t any adverse consequences and things got into the groove as the game progressed.

Wonder if he might be rested for the Cup game.

joe

It was a different game for McNulty. Normally he has to defend that middle ground where the balls are pumped forward. Exeter played it mostly to feet.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
I knew it was going to be a good day when the M6 was free-flowing (despite the 48 miles, I counted them, of roadworks) and I made the trip from Coventry in about 2 hours 30 minutes and was having a cuppa at my Dad's place by 11am.

The day got better from there with Rovers weathering the early pressure from Exeter and settling into the game. The first goal came from some great work down the right from Caprice, Cole and Mullin who teed it up for Nors to score with a header very reminiscent of the Wembley winner.

Exeter came at us again after the goal but the back 4, marshalled by an increasingly confident Monthe held firm and we went into the break with a deserved lead. Exeter started the 2nd half brightly but this was one of the most complete performances I've seen from Rovers in a long time and with everyone on their game we took charge again and got a deserved 2nd goal. Great to see us playing proper football, equally strong on the wings or through the middle, against decent football league opposition.

Not a single player had a bad day and you could make a case for everyone from 1-11 getting the MotM honours.

The only sour note for the whole day was only getting a single burger in my Steakhouse Double from Burger King on the way home.

UP THE WHITES!