• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v exeter

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Really good, competitive game. Just what you want to see. Our passing and movement has been excellent at times. Keep it going Rovers!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A well-executed move converted by Norwood separates the sides in what’s been a very close game so far.

Player
aldo
Oh my god i cant talk the beers are gonna flow tonight im buzzing . What a performance brilliant fans brilliant team we are tranmere positive . Sutch a good performance against a realy good side well done mm for having balls to keep the same side . Upwards and forwards

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A superb performance and result. When you consider the standard of the opposition, I think that has to be our best all round display of the season so far.

The first twenty minutes were cagey and Exeter probably edged the contest at that stage. There were only two clear chances in that period, one for Connor Jennings for us and a point-blank save by Davies after about ten minutes which was vital in the context of the game. However, once we scored the first goal we were completely in control. Some of the football was superb, in the first half in particular, and we were a constant threat on the counter-attack. We really should have won by a bigger margin. Exeter were clearly a very good passing side and they stretched us for periods of the game, but the back four were brilliant. The work rate of the whole team is actually as impressive as some of the football we are playing, and is key to our current position in the league.

Individually, I thought Norwood, Cole, Banks, Buxton and Monthe were immense and it is difficult to single out a man of the match. Mullin looked much more comfortable today in the inside right position; Jennings' confidence has visibly grown after his goal last week and he was unlucky not to score; I lost count of the number of times the 'fire blanket' Luke McCullough broke things up in front of the back four.

Up to fourth place in the table and only one point off the automatic positions. It is pinch yourself time really.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
When u think where we were last time this season it’s incrsidble to be 4th in league 2.

Agree with RLC that the first 20 mins were tense and both keepers made good saves. But after that defensively we were excellent. Buxton again brilliant on the left and Nors showing his aerial strength with a good header.

Nors will get MOM but for me it was Captice who first half was outstanding.

Really need to get Nors nailed down on a new contract but surely it’s his last season with us?? If so let’s just enjoy having him.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Would add that some of the pressing today from the likes of Cole and Banks was excellent

Player
Manager
John King
A nice touch by Micky letting Mike Jackson take the post match press interviews.

Player
ian goodison
one of the best displays from rovers in a long time some of the football was superb, against an Exeter side who are no mugs, from davies to mullin not a weak link, I know we had injuries but we look much better with 2 full backs hard to pick a MOM but am going for monthe although could pick anybody. after today we really are ON OUR WAY

Player
aldo
Cant be negative about eneything the whole day has been great its great to get another great crowd in today and see a solid performance. When you consider the Orient fans where slating and saying they would pay Caprice his taxi to us he has been brilliant . Nors now has 63 league goals in 123 games and 70 in 130 in all comps we cant afford to let him walk away with nothing not bad for a winger as the green fans where saying when he signed for us

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
one of the best displays from rovers in a long time some of the football was superb, against an Exeter side who ar
Entirely agree.
I would say you have to go back to the Ronnie days when we were strolling at the top of League 1 to remember a comparible performance in context of the opposition.
You can see the confidence is oozing out of them at moment and it's so good that what could have been a morale killer at vegans has had no impact on the impetus.
So difficult to pick a MOM but, gun to head, would pick Manny. Those unforced errors that we thought were in his locker are becoming few and far. A great physical presence to have. Rarely tries to push his luck and play outside his ability
Always good to win last game leading up to a cup match. You can relax and look forward to it rather than dwell on the last game.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd missed the Lincoln and Mansfield games, so Exeter, despite their injury problems, the best side I've seen at PP to date this season. Rovers deserved the win, but a great save from Scott Davies when the game was goalless set us on our way. The visitors had their chances, both of our goals came just after there had been pressure on the Rovers goal and they kept battling even when rather harshly reduced to ten men.

McNulty seemed a bit out of sorts today and that lack of certainty may have contributed to some initial defensive jitters, but the other defenders steadied things and Big Steve settled down. The standout players for me were Norwood, Monthe and Davies, but two goals from Nors, the first after good build-up and a great cross from Caprice and the second following a fine effort from Cole that merited a goal in itself, mean that unusually I agree with the sponsors choice of James Norwood as MoM.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
A mention for Scottie as well.
Save in first half when he rushed out to block was great but the one in second half, one handed, though difficult to see properly from lower Kop looked even better.
Either of those go in and the whole complexion changes.
He can flap at the odd corner every half dozen games if he keeps pulling off saves like them.

Player
aldo
only lincoln got a bigger gate today northampton 800 behinde us no other team eney where near well done the S. W. A

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Cambridge vs Grimsby. 4,096 (609)
Carlisle vs Newport. 3,541 (136)
Cheltenham vs Mansfield. 2,828 (404)
Colchester vs Swindon. 3,227 (314)
Crawley vs MK Dons. 2,667 (454)
Lincoln vs Forest Green. 8,542 (119)
Macclesfield vs Bury. 2,485 (900 est)
Morecambe vs Yeovil. 1,406 (133)
Northampton vs Crewe. 5,041 (309)
Port Vale vs Notts Co. 4,236 (411)
Stevenage vs Oldham. 2,583 (300 est)
Tranmere vs Exeter. 6,209 (335)

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
A fantastic performance against a decent team; it really is a great time to be a Rovers supporter. Apart from the excellent individual performances mentioned our teamwork was outstanding and massive credit must go to MM. Our defending in front of the back four was the best I have seen all season and this paid dividends with some sublime counter attacking football. A few players tired and lost concentration in the last 15 minutes but MM picked up on this and made the requisite changes - entirety forgivable after the mental and physical efforts of the previous 80. A final mention for the SWA since the support was spine-tingling at points in the second half. ANOTHER great day!

Player
ian goodison
as well as being a great rovers performance it was a cracking game of football between 2 teams who really went for the 3pts at the start of the season I didn,t know what to expect but I,m loving every minute, a change from teams time wasting, play acting & kicking us off the pitch, who knows how far we can go

Player
Manager
John King
McNulty seemed a bit out of sorts today and that lack of certainty may have contributed to some initial defensive jitters, but the other defenders steadied things and Big Steve settled down.
Macca had the more difficult task of the two centre backs yesterday, marking the impressive Stockley. Steve certainly did not win every header as he usually does, but then again, I don't remember Stockley having an effort on goal either.