• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Ebbsfleet (Play Offs)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Garrard is a good manager but they have got some very, very good players that most clubs at this level could not afford. Andrade is outstanding.

Player
aldo
1224 at BW tonight coasters only took 132 . not brilliant you do have to wonder if the wood did go up . what they would get fan wise . there av crowd is around 650 . with the percentage money wise witch i think in lg 2 is 40 pc for the playing side of things you would think if they av 1000 they would struggle big time . but still magnificent what they have done. now lets all get ready for saturday

Player
aldo
oh realy happy the coasters did not win tonight . and surprised as well when you consider the battering we got at there place . and aldershot and macc to realy surprised they did not turn up from the start

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
AM, Fylde are formidable at home but don't travel well, as we saw tonight. We thrashed them at home.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I feel nervous whoever we get to play once it comes to play-offs. Didn't really have a preference between Aldershot/Ebbsfleet. Looked back at the thread for the league match where I noted that Ebbsfleet were the poorest side seen at PP this season. A few months down the line, that's still true, but I'm expecting a very different opponent to show up on Saturday. They seem to have improved considerably and I concur with Sparky/RLC regarding their momentum. Relatively little pressure on them, enormous burden on our shoulders, which should offer some balance to them having played a lot recently and the travel involved. I also noted that in the League game, they got away with some poor challenges through weak refereeing. The man in black on Saturday is Peter Wright, who seems to have rather strange ideas on what does/doesn't constitute a penalty and something of an issue with James Norwood, who he's booked, maybe more than once, for diving. Given the choice, I'd rather someone else was taking charge of the game.

Decisions have to be taken on team selection. If Buxton is fully fit, a no-brainer that he comes back in at right-back. If his recovery is not complete, then it's a judgement call as to whether it's better to have a partially fit Adam in his correct position or deploy Harris or another there. In midfield, expect Cole to retain his place, despite a disappointing game last weekend. Ginnelly, I'm unsure about. It would have been good to have Green on the bench and given some time in the Pools game to see if he could fit in with the first team. It is absolutely crucial that we have some balance for the sub options, to cater for what the game may throw up, at least one defender, midfielder, forward and player with pace. I'm not convinced that Wallace should be one of them.

On the turnout, I'm expecting it to be reasonable, perhaps reaching 5 figures, with around 500 from Kent. It's a shame the club failed to sell reserved seats for this game, as a seasoncard holder, it would be nice to be able to have my own seat for the play-off game, without having to haggle for it. Crowd-player motivation is a two-way thing and while hopefully we'll be able to develop a supportive atmosphere for our own side and an intimidating one for the visitors, the players need to encourage the crowd, when they get subdued.

Player
Manager
John King
Boz, it is my understanding that season ticket seats are effectively reserved for this game, and you can insist on sitting in them. I appreciate that won't necessarily prevent arguments though.

Player
aldo
we the fans need to make loads of noise . yes the players can help with playing well but we need to be rocking the place b4 kickoff . they will come and put 1 up front and 10 in defence . and try to do what they did on wed . we cant let them do it so make loads of bloody noise and shake the place . no negatives allowed have to be positive . me out

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
AM, the supporters will play their part. Over to the players..

drwhoman

Sutton v BW will be interesting. Sutton won 4-0 at BW at Xmas but the return was a 1-1 draw so I am not sure if the Sutton pitch will give them an advantage.

Player
aldo
great to see the tranmere band has got new drums and the sound great to . hope the place is rocking tomorrow

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
A recent survey of football fans revealed something, for a change, that I could genuinely embrace.
The despair of losing is greater than the joy of winning.
I'm definitely more miserable, for a longer period after a fruitless game than I am happy after a win.
On that basis I'll settle for a wry smile tomorrow and a wife who doesn't think I've turned mute!
The comprehensive win in first leg at Shots last season somewhat distorted the atmosphere for the second leg.
It'll be a different kettle of fish tomorrow. Please, we win the toss!!

Player
aldo
realy do need noise for the full 90 no let up we cant give them a sniff . . gotta love the fact we have won loads of games last few years . when you consider the few years from the top of lg 1 . those years when we didnt score goals and we all hated going the game knowing we would prob lose . this season at home we avg 2.5 - 3 goals a home game witch is superb

Player
Manager
John King
Regarding the atmosphere, I am with AM rather than Boz. Regardless of how the game develops, the crowd need to give constant encouragement tomorrow. If certain players can't rise to the challenge, so be it, but we need to know we gave everything we could as a fan base.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
The club has done everything it could to drum up support.
If we fail then no blame can attach to the club itself or the fans.

Player
Manager
John King
The fans can still have a detrimental effect if things get tense, whatever the numbers that turn up. The vocal encouragement needs to be better than it was against Aldershot last year. And I think it will be.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Every big game at Prenton Park is potentially our last ever big game, and I think we all appreciate that. At this level the only buffers between us and disaster are the good management of our club and a loyal fan base. Every year that we stay in this league the likelihood of promotion will diminish in line with one or both of those buffers. The support tomorrow will be immense.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
As we enter the most important week for a long time, I suggest we should all read and digest these two recent items from Planet Prentonia. I am lucky to have lived long enough to have known success for Tranmere, unlike the author. Our long run of failure has lasted almost as long as he has lived. I recommend these articles to the fans, but also to the players - if they don't already know how much success will mean to the club. I just hope that in ten days' time, Ryan Ferguson will at last be able to write a piece to celebrate our promotion. Otherwise, he'll just have another sad paragraph to add to the first article.
https://planetprentonia.com/2018/03...fe-with-english-footballs-most-tortured-club/
https://planetprentonia.com/2018/05/03/a-game-for-the-ages/

Player
aldo
As we enter the most important week for a long time, I suggest we should all read and digest these two recent items from Planet Prentonia. I am lucky to have lived long enough to have known success for Tranmere, unlike the author. Our long run of failure has lasted almost as long as he has lived. I recommend these articles to the fans, but also to the players - if they don't already know how much success will mean to the club. I just hope that in ten days' time, Ryan Ferguson will at last be able to write a piece to celebrate our promotion. Otherwise, he'll just have another sad paragraph to add to the first article.
https://planetprentonia.com/2018/03...fe-with-english-footballs-most-tortured-club/
https://planetprentonia.com/2018/05/03/a-game-for-the-ages/
well bloody said that man get them on the changing room walls . as well lets play the vid off the macc players tacking the f$%^&ng piss of us fans and are great club lets do it passion does not cost a bean . we are tranmere we are one team one fan lets do it . oh and im hipped and cant even friggen be there cccccccccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

drwhoman

Enjoyable if in some ways depressing reading BBTC! Come on Rovers you will never have a better chance both on Saturday and in a week's time (he hopes!).