• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Eastleigh

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The style of football we play under Mellon, and the number of goals we score, is a crucial factor for me. Regardless of whether we go up, we are generally entertaining to watch, particularly at Prenton Park, which certainly was not the case under his predecessor.

You can't guarantee promotion but at least under Mellon you know you will get decent value for your season ticket money.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Couldn't agree more!! What is it when we're chasing down a team in any division!!? I started doing a one minute refresh on the Mac Twitter feed knowing 99% they'd score late!! Lo & behold Blissett!! Someone said the other week we're a social experiment to see how much hope a fan can cope with being given & then taken away.... I recall in October when we were on the bad run Jay Harris I think saying we're still only 8 points off the leaders. So now we're on a good run & defa vu!!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think that you just have to accept Macc are on a roll. Dover our next opponents gave away a lead to lose 2-1.

drwhoman

It is Macc's to throw away now. Mind you teams that finish as champions have a habit of scoring late goals whatever league they are in. Often the difference. We need to nail 2nd or 3rd now.

Player
Manager
John King
In reality, I think our title hopes went some time ago. Dover losing was a more significant result for us.

We just need to focus on third place now. It is absolutely vital we finish in the top three and we have a big game on Friday. We could be 3rd or 7th at the end of it.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Spot on RLC! I've said all season third is the key in a worst case scenario!! You deserve a knighthood for your commitment to away games & incredibly accurate reports!! I wish MM & MP would utilise your services from a recruitment & tactical perspective as your commentaries are at minimum on par with MM's post match summaries!!

Player
Manager
John King
Spot on RLC! I've said all season third is the key in a worst case scenario!! You deserve a knighthood for your commitment to away games & incredibly accurate reports!! I wish MM & MP would utilise your services from a recruitment & tactical perspective as your commentaries are at minimum on par with MM's post match summaries!!
I am not sure Mal would agree with you.....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Quite disappointed in the late Nathan Blissett winner but at least Dover crumbled. I have now conceded re the title race. All focus now on the playoffs.