• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Dale

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rochdale

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Dale
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Looks like it will be just youngsters
The only names I recognise are Kyle Hayde as captain and Sam Taylor who recently signed a pro deal. No Burton or Stratulis, none of the out of favour senior pros like Maguire, Merrie, Dieseruvwe given any game time. Strange?

Meanwhile fog threatens the postponement of the game at Forest Green.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Salford lead late on at Vale, Sutton with a late winner

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Salford lead late on at Vale, Sutton with a late winner
The Sutton result is disappointing, but not unexpected. They have scored late winners many times this season.

Port Vale are probably out of the automatic race now, and our opponents on Saturday also lost.

There is still a four point gap to fourth place, albeit Northampton and Swindon both have a game in hand.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good win for the youngsters at Lairds.

Not the greatest set of L2 results for us, win for Sutton and Salford creeping up the league. Think we'll be dependent on our own results to get promoted can't be looking for favours off anyone else.

Player
aldo
let us hope forest have more games called off and they have loads of games to fit into a small period and it goes tits up for them, all we can do is win our games and hope for the best

ADD

Player
Norwood
The only names I recognise are Kyle Hayde as captain and Sam Taylor who recently signed a pro deal. No Burton or Stratulis, none of the out of favour senior pros like Maguire, Merrie, Dieseruvwe given any game time. Strange?

Meanwhile fog threatens the postponement of the game at Forest Green.
Stratulis is a strange one. Rave reviews and then no game time. Assumed he was injured but no mention of it. Agree would have expected some to be involved to get match time. Sam Taylor scored the first I see. Hayde clearly very involved from the report.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Good win for the youngsters at Lairds.

Not the greatest set of L2 results for us, win for Sutton and Salford creeping up the league. Think we'll be dependent on our own results to get promoted can't be looking for favours off anyone else.
Sutton play Northampton on Saturday so if we can get a win we increase the gap over one if not both of them

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Matt Smith has joined Salford. Some signing for this level :(

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, going to be a competitive race for those top three spots!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
He could do well for them but I am not so sure, a lot of players go there and end up failing badly wudnt be surprised if he doesn't do that well
I hope you're right @bigmart ! If anybody can fail to get the best out of him it will be Salford and Bowyer. However, I've always thought of him as a consistent performer and not injury prone. I hope I'm wrong but I can see him terrorising L2 defences. He might not bag a massive number but will create opportunities for Thomas-Asante et al. I think it shows that they fully expect to be in L1 next season.

Player
Manager
John King
He could do well for them but I am not so sure, a lot of players go there and end up failing badly wudnt be surprised if he doesn't do that well
Henderson and McAleny have both done very little since moving there, and I would not be surprised if Smith goes the same way.

I think they are too far behind to catch us, and I am more worried about Mansfield at this stage.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
God knows what Salford are paying smith. I know he wanted a move back north but to go from playing for millwall at the den to in front of 1000 fans at Salford is a big drop down

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Henderson and McAleny have both done very little since moving there, and I would not be surprised if Smith goes the same way.

I think they are too far behind to catch us, and I am more worried about Mansfield at this stage.
Henderson's averaging a goal every 2.5 games, similar to when he was at Rochdale. Agreed re McAleny.
With about a third of the season still to play, that's a bold statement, as Salford currently one of the form teams along with us and Mansfield.
My pre-season L2 prediction on another forum had Mansfield down as champions, while that seems less likely, they're still a strong contender for an automatic spot. Dislike Clough's habit of throwing players under the bus in post-match interviews where things haven't gone their way though.

Player
Manager
John King
Henderson's averaging a goal every 2.5 games, similar to when he was at Rochdale. Agreed re McAleny.
With about a third of the season still to play, that's a bold statement, as Salford currently one of the form teams along with us and Mansfield.
My pre-season L2 prediction on another forum had Mansfield down as champions, while that seems less likely, they're still a strong contender for an automatic spot. Dislike Clough's habit of throwing players under the bus in post-match interviews where things haven't gone their way though.
I don't think it is particularly bold at all.

We are in better form than Salford over the last ten games and they are currently eleven points behind us on the same number of games. We would have to completely collapse for them to overtake us, in which case we would not be going up anyway and numerous teams would overtake us.

Player
Manager
John King
God knows what Salford are paying smith. I know he wanted a move back north but to go from playing for millwall at the den to in front of 1000 fans at Salford is a big drop down
Players just sacrifice their careers to sign for Salford. It is pretty cynical really.