• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Dale

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rochdale

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Dale
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
great start but need that 3rd gaol very happy for Jolly can he get a hattrick gaol, can hemmings get off the mark come on rovers

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Brilliant start and two identical well taken goals by Jolley. Think we peaked a bit early as we’ve done nothing since.

Rochdale with 62% possession have passed it around fairly well after settling into the game but no cutting edge as expected.

Let’s get a few more Rovers!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's looking good at the moment. Clear in second place. Best defence in the league and now even the third best goal difference. Let's not get too carried away, but we can enjoy the weekend. ;)

Good for Charlie Jolley. What a turnaround from just a few weeks ago. BTW, does anyone remember the last time a Rovers player scored a hat-trick in league game? Three goals for the whole team is rare enough. ;)

Player
aldo
if we get the points Next Saturday and Forest mess up hear is hoping the game at PP is going to be Massive could we break 10k for that game I hope so and we have a cauldron of noise and 10 or 12k home fans going mad we know there will be 10 or 12 away fans It could be a statement game for rovers if we could do em,its going to be a fun second half to the season,let us hope we can improve our away form

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Not the best performance but a comfortable win all the same, 2 well taken goals from Jolley both with his left foot, 1 very good save apart they didn't create that much, onwards and upwards

Player
aldo
the lad at MK DONS can,t remember his name was on loan from Villa if I am right, only man city have a better defensive record than ourselves and wolves,fair play to the team and MM

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
the lad at MK DONS can,t remember his name was on loan from Villa if I am right, only man city have a better defensive record than ourselves and wolves,fair play to the team and MM
Thanks, AM. Rushian Hepburn-Murphy against MK Dons on 2nd November 2019.

I looked him up and he's now playing for Paphos in Cyprus. That's a great way for people like us to spend the winter, but not a 23-year-old footballer with his talent and promise.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Another professional performance and a pretty comfortable victory. We can certainly be better in possession than we were today, but defensively I thought we were absolutely magnificent.

It was a great start, with a good tempo to our play and two very good finishes from Jolley, which he made look far easier than they actually were. However, after the second goal Rochdale were able to throw caution to the wind and commit men forward, and they already outnumbered us in midfield. As a result, they dominated the ball and played some very nice stuff at times, but without really threatening us until the final ten minutes. We defended the eighteen yard box very well indeed, and I lost count of the number of interceptions and blocks that were made, not just from the back four but also from the attacking players tracking back.

On the one occasion in the second half that we were breached Doohan produced a truly outstanding save with his feet, and I thought his composure and handling were excellent throughout.

Elsewhere, I agreed with the sponsor's choice of Jolly as man of the match, but I thought Davies and Cogley had very good games and pushed him close. We also look a far better side with Kieran Morris in the team. The first impressions of Hemmings were good: I liked his awareness of players around him, and his work off the ball, with his pressing of the keeper resulting in the first goal. McPake was poor again, but did show some signs of getting up to speed in the second half.

We are now five points clear of third place, unbeaten in nine, and eight of those games have been victories. Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Several times last season I remember thinking we could play all night and never score and I suspect some Rochdale fans thought the same today. They played some good football, had two thirds of the possession and found lots of gaps but apart from one good Doohan save and a couple of blocks late on we were rarely threaded.
We seem to have the knack at the moment of defending well and being clinical at the other end. Apart from Jolleys two great finishes their keeper was a spectator apart from one Hemmings shot in the second half. The debutant worked hard and his physical presence may allow Jolley more space in the box. Defensively we were excellent and once again McDonald and OConnor had great games amongst others.
MOM for me had to be Jolley as he was the match winner. McPake seemed to be getting fitter but I’d like him involved a bit more. Another clean sheet is excellent and it’s another 3 points. On we go.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I thought Doohan kept us in the game in the second half making at least two superb saves. I was disappointed we didn’t improve on the two goals and basically did nothing else in the game apart from repel Rochdales attacks for the rest of the game. Glad we scored early but it wasn’t comfortable viewing for me.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
85FF2C21-82DD-4928-8244-EBC4C37F129C.png

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Another professional performance and a pretty comfortable victory. We can certainly be better in possession than we were today, but defensively I thought we were absolutely magnificent.

It was a great start, with a good tempo to our play and two very good finishes from Jolley, which he made look far easier than they actually were. However, after the second goal Rochdale were able to throw caution to the wind and commit men forward, and they already outnumbered us in midfield. As a result, they dominated the ball and played some very nice stuff at times, but without really threatening us until the final ten minutes. We defended the eighteen yard box very well indeed, and I lost count of the number of interceptions and blocks that were made, not just from the back four but also from the attacking players tracking back.

On the one occasion in the second half that we were breached Doohan produced a truly outstanding save with his feet, and I thought his composure and handling were excellent throughout.

Elsewhere, I agreed with the sponsor's choice of Jolly as man of the match, but I thought Davies and Cogley had very good games and pushed him close. We also look a far better side with Kieran Morris in the team. The first impressions of Hemmings were good: I liked his awareness of players around him, and his work off the ball, with his pressing of the keeper resulting in the first goal. McPake was poor again, but did show some signs of getting up to speed in the second half.

We are now five points clear of third place, unbeaten in nine, and eight of those games have been victories. Onwards and upwards.
Pretty much sums up what I was going to say, so I’ll say no more!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Great start - first half hour as good as I've seen in a while. Sharp, incisive and fully committed. For me Mcdonald and O'Connor stood out in the rearguard action. Great work rate and 2 well taken goals by Jolley. Morris was surprisingly anonymous today but at least he wasn't noticeable for any errors he made. Let's hope this fantastic run can continue. Would love us to turn FGR over in a fortnight.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Possession stats mean nowt and nobody remembers them in May.

Putting the ball in the net more often than the opposition is what counts.
The amount of games last season when we had more possession than the opposition must have been quite high but as you rightly say it means nothing