• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Dale

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rochdale

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Dale
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
see Dale have sold their top scorer Beesley and sold another first-team player Morton to Bolton this week so they are in the bottom half of the Table and selling their best players, let us hope we get the points on Saturday with or with out a new player think it will be 3-0 with around 6200 amazing fans too see it

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It will be interesting to see if they use much of the money from the signings

Player
aldo
both them and Bristol Rovers have struggled don't think they will spend the money unlike the owners we have who are putting money into different avenues for the club most teams don,t do it and gamble on their futures and overspent,like Bolton are doing again now spent 400k on two players this week it will go tits up for them again in a few years

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The situation at Rochdale is difficult, they fought off a hostile takeover by some dodgy individuals and think they'd probably settle for survival this season. Have got Abraham Odoh to extend his contract and he was probably their best player in the reverse fixture.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not sure what to make of them. They have scored 30 but condeded 30 same as Mansfield in 8th although they've had quite a few draws. They did however thump Newport 3-0 in their last match with Jake Beesley getting a brace. I wonder who will score their goals now?

Last edited:
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought Rochdale looked a decent footballing side in the reverse fixture, and I am a bit surprised they are not at least in the top half of the table. I agree with Boz that Odo was impressive at Spotland, and I thought Newby also looked a decent player. However. we are possibly playing them at a good time as they have just lost Morley and Beesley, and are not in great form. I think the game will be a much better spectacle than Tuesday night.

Micky confirmed in his interview today that we have another Covid case, but did not confirm who it was (hopefully somebody peripheral). However, Morris is available and Nevitt is back in training. I think we will line up as follows, Covid permitting:

Doohan
Cogley Clarke Davies MacDonald
Morris Spearing O'Connor McPake
Hemmings Jolley (or perhaps Glatzel ?)

We are in good spirits and a victory could see us open up a gap to the play off places, with Northampton meeting FGR, and Swindon and Vale also facing off. I think it will be a 7,000 plus attendance and I fancy us to win by a couple of goals.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'd keep going with Jolley who is not afraid to get forward and shoot. I guess in time we will find out who works best with Hemmings but it should really be a great learning experience for the young lads and hopefully they can learn a thing or two off him. Looking forward to Saturday. Rovers unbeaten in eight in the league, confidence high, second in the league and a new signing, where else would you want to be on a glorious Sat afternoon?

ADD

Player
Norwood
If MM considers Glatzel to be back up to speed fitness wise I think he will get the nod. He is to my mind more likely to be on Hemming's wavelength from the start. Otherwise the team pretty much picks itself unless with Covid infections waning Sunderland send Hawkes back early in which case he will of course come straight back in for McPake.
I fancy us to win 3-1 with Hemmings getting a brace on his debut.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think Hemmings and Jolley will be the front two and fancy uscto win 2 0 with Morris and Jolley scoring.

Reactions: Ian

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Micky confirms we have one new covid absence but everyone else is back including mcmanaman and NKP.

Rochdale of course managed by ex rovers right back Robbie Stockdale. Like Scunthorpe the visitors beat us 1-0 at their place and did win their last league game but hopefully we can continue our good home form with another win

ADD

Player
Norwood
1642255429644.png

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Come on Rovers!