• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Dale

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rochdale

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Dale
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 15, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Henderson's averaging a goal every 2.5 games, similar to when he was at Rochdale.
Henderson has scored two goals this season. He can't even get in the team most weeks.

Any striker can have an amazing goals per game ratio if they never play any games.......

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Players just sacrifice their careers to sign for Salford. It is pretty cynical really.
And other moneybags clubs like Wrexham. Thankfully, it usually does not buy success - at our level anyway. Players have no affection for the club and managers are under pressure from day one to succeed.

Thankfully, the team I support is not like that. Salaries (and expectations) are realistic. The owner and the manager love the club, which is run on a sustainable business model. That's why I think we are more successful.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Henderson has scored two goals this season. He can't even get in the team most weeks.

Any striker can have an amazing goals per game ratio if they never play any games.......
In which case he must have had a good scoring record last season?

Player
Manager
John King
In which case he must have had a good scoring record last season?
He had a reasonable goalscoring record last season. However, he went on a very long barren run in his first few months at the club.

He was a lynchpin at Rochdale for several seasons, and one of the best players in League One. However, he is now only playing a bit part role at Salford. I appreciate he is getting on in years, but his performance has dipped sharply since joining Salford, which is also true of a number of their other big money signings.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't think it is particularly bold at all.

We are in better form than Salford over the last ten games and they are currently eleven points behind us on the same number of games. We would have to completely collapse for them to overtake us, in which case we would not be going up anyway and numerous teams would overtake us.
It's a fine margin between the automatic and play-off places though. If Rovers form were to dip and Salford continue in current form, then it's not inconceivable that we both finish in the play-off spots. You could make an argument for any of the teams down to Orient in 13th with their games in hand getting into the top 3. Notlob managed from a worse position last season. I'm sure Micky will guard against any complacency though.

Player
Manager
John King
It's a fine margin between the automatic and play-off places though. If Rovers form were to dip and Salford continue in current form, then it's not inconceivable that we both finish in the play-off spots. You could make an argument for any of the teams down to Orient in 13th with their games in hand getting into the top 3. Notlob managed from a worse position last season. I'm sure Micky will guard against any complacency though.
Our form would have to collapse for a team currently eleven points behind us to overtake us. I was discussing the respective positions of the clubs in relation to automatic promotion, not the play offs.

We could have excellent form between now and the end of the season, and Mansfield (or another club currently in the top seven) could still overtake us. However, if we maintain excellent form in the months ahead, Salford will not overtake us.

Player
Manager
John King

An interesting take on last week's game from a couple of Brentford fans.

Not sure about the bedroom scenes, but worth a watch nonetheless.

Player
aldo
its called getting paid shit loads,if some one was going to pay you loads more than the rest what would you do