• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Crawley

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Williams was nowhere near match fit when he arrived and has been building himself up through training and behind closed doors games. I am sure he will play on Tuesday night. Akammadu was always a wild-card signing, not somebody who was expected to walk straight into the first team.

Waring was told he is free to leave months ago but it is not easy to move players off the wage bill, particularly when other clubs are not interested.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
MOM choice was a joke. You score 5 at home and give it to a defender?! Farcical. Think some of Big Steve’s mates on a stag do chose it!

My choice was one of CJ, Cole or Caprice - would probably give it to Cole who thrived in a central role. He’s not quick enough to play wide and isn’t a striker so the number 10 role suits him. Some of the football we played was excellent and we were very clinical with our chances.

It didn’t matter but their goal was a poor one to concede. The lad ran thru the middle of the park before playing it out wide. Bucko (who otherwise was excellent, should have stopped the cross coming in and Manny lost Palmer who tapped it in. I’m being pedantic though as it was a great afternoon.

Enjoyable times at PP

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great game, really enjoyable and a nice treat getting five goals. We could have had more in all honesty with Norwood missing a couple of good chances. Playing Cole behind Norwood was a great move and with Banks and McCullough running midfield we really turned on the style. Thought it was going to be a real tough afternoon as the first 25 mins were a bit of a non event.

Cole was probably my MOTM but there were so many good performances it could have gone to a handful of them. My only concern with Cole is his consistency. If he's asked to play that role again, will he be just as effective? I've seen him turn it on one game and then be anonymous the next. If he was consistently that good, we'd have a very good player on the books.

After many years of dross, this first couple of months back in the league has been the most enjoyable by some margin watching Rovers. We are scoring goals, we are entertaining, we are in a great position and the games are really competitive. Long may it continue.

Player
Manager
John King
In fairness to Cole, I think yesterday was the first time he had ever started a league game in his preferred position. It will be interesting to see how he fares against Exeter, assuming he is picked.

Player
aldo
agree mm wont get em all right . waring was told ages ago he can leave and still cant get a club tells ya something about the player .

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
its gota be the same 11 and formation . you couldnt change not after yesterday .
I'm not so sure. Exeter will provide a different, probably tougher test and Micky might want to keep things much tighter.

Player
aldo
cant see it . keep the positive vibes . after this game we have a good run of games against some of the poorer teams coming up .

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
For me this, was definitely one of those defining moments of the season, when we do something out of the ordinary. We changed to an unfamiliar formation, finally put our shooting boots on and thrashed a close rival.

The first was on day one when we came back from two down against Stevenage, one of the better sides in this league. The previous one was having the character to beat the best side in the division, Lincoln City, despite being outplayed for much of the game. Swindon could have been a great result, before the sending off.

Player
ian goodison
I expected maybe 1 change at full-back surprised to see the changes and also how we were set up when the 4th goal went in I was stunned but elated at the same time same again sat, no idea just enjoying life in league2 at the moment

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
The mom choice was by the stag do sponsoring the game! Unless it was a rubbish do I'm not surprised it was off beam. In fact, looking at the comical efforts to put the ball in the yellow wheelie bin, I hope they were caned at half time! Fair play, they paid their money!

Player
Manager
John King
I'm not so sure. Exeter will provide a different, probably tougher test and Micky might want to keep things much tighter.
I can't see Mellon dropping Cole after his performance on Saturday. I think we will stay with the same formation, as Exeter's style of play is similar to Crawley's and Mellon is by nature a positive manager.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I can't see Mellon dropping Cole after his performance on Saturday. I think we will stay with the same formation, as Exeter's style of play is similar to Crawley's and Mellon is by nature a positive manager.
Possibly. I could see him playing Cole behind a lone striker, as he did for about ten minutes when Gilmour replaced Mullin. Exeter are a stronger side than Crawley though they may play in a similar style.

Player
Manager
John King
Cole played behind a lone striker (Norwood) on Saturday. Mullin was on the right of Cole, Jennings to the left. The same formation can become a more defensive 451 against stronger opposition.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
I think we’ve learnt by now that MM is playing a brilliant tactic of smoke & mirrors so that when one formation becomes recognised or stale he shows the opposition a different hand! As well as improving & maxing out the capability of every team player! Loved his stern call about questioning the squad depth ahead of tomorrow’s game, in other words show us your worthiness if you want to be involved in the shake up! What better motivation!

Player
Manager
John King
In other news, Mansfield won convincingly at Crewe tonight. I still think they are the best team we have played this season, along with Lincoln, and will make the play-offs at least.

There will be a lot of competition for a place in the top seven.