• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Crawley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think a first visit to Prenton Park for the Sussex outfit, who are on the fringes of the play-offs. It seems a long time since September's 2-5 win. The visitors have lost a key player in midfielder Hope Akpan, sold to Reading, but have recruited Matt Sparrow from Brighton. Lateef Elford-Alliyu from Bury, who spent 2 loan spells at Tranmere, arrived recently while Mike Jones is another ex-Rover, who hopefully won't come back to haunt Ronnie, as an admitted mistake.

For some reason, we get a Premiership referee for this match. But not just any half-decent top flight ref, but Lee Mason ](*,). His form involving Rovers includes the 6-1 at Hull, where both our keepers had their heads kicked in by the same player who stayed on the pitch, a best pals act with Denis Wise when we lost at home to Leeds and harshly sending Paul Henry off in a friendly at Morecambe. Maybe because he's from Bolton, he doesn't seem to do us any favours.

It will be interesting to see how Rovers line up. My fear would be simply replacing Stockton with Amoo, which would leave us with little fire-power up front. However, McGurk has deserved his place in recent games and Robinson's near untouchable, so unless the new recruit starts on the bench...

Prediction: Expect the visitors to bring a couple of hundred, in a crowd around 5.5k. I find it very hard to predict this one; 2-2 or 2-3.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Think this will be a tough game.
I've got a feeling Stockton will be relegated to the bench with Amoo playing alongside O'Halloran upfront.

Shame there's no JLAA or ABB but hopefully they'll be back soon.
Ronnie seems really keen on Amoo and his abilities, so that's good enough for me. Looking forward to seeing what he can do.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think we will win this 2 1 with a crowd of about 6000.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Crawley have been pretty inconsistent in recent months, and I don't think they are as strong as the three sides we play after Saturday. This is a game I would expect us to win and we certainly need the three points given the difficulty of the games that follow.

Very difficult to predict the starting line up without knowing the details of O'Halloran's loan agreement etc. but I would like to see Amoo and Stockton paired up front.

Going off topic, I notice Jake Cassidy starts up front for Wolves tonight, so it seems it is finally game over where he is concerned. :-(

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Yes would think Cassidy will not know return.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Going off topic, I notice Jake Cassidy starts up front for Wolves tonight, so it seems it is finally game over where he is concerned. :-(
Yes, I caught a bit of that game before. Wanted to watch more to see how he got on. I'm pleased for him though. His 11 goals for us have certainly helped with his Wolves career.

Time to move on though.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
2-0 up. Poor finishing by Crawley and a bit of luck for the second. I actually think Crawley have passed it around better.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.