• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v coventry

Player
aldo
i know its early but its going to be a cracking atmosphere . over 1000 away tickets sold already

Player
aldo
also 1000 away for blackpool 5800 for the pool game already ans over 5300 for city . lets hope rovers turn up for them

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is Coventry next up for Rovers.

The Sky Blues are probably the best footballing side we have played this season and another notch up from Blackpool. We ideally need to win this game, but we would probably have to repeat the defensive heroics of the match at St Andrews earlier in the season to pick up three points. Then again, we are a bit of a bogey side for Coventry, they might be complacent after their handsome victory at Wycombe and the Prenton Park mudbath will be a leveller, so who knows ? A draw would be a decent result on paper, but possibly won't be enough to keep us out of the relegation zone.

I would start with an unchanged team, save perhaps for Potter replacing Perkins for some fresh legs in midfield.

The pre-sales are better than for the Blackpool game, so there should be an excellent gate with the away end close to full capacity.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well on paper a draw wouldn’t be a bad result but 3 points would be a massive lift. MK Dons have a tough game on paper themselves at home to Bristol rovers albeit the opposition lost their manager recently.

Team news will be interesting. The likes of Danns had a decent game but is another game so quickly too much to ask for him and Perkins?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I can only see an away win though I would be Happy to be wrong, not sure there will be any changes would think the crowd should be around the 8500 mark

Player
ian goodison
would like to see potter in for perkins if only to give him a break would like to see another striker on as I think CBT is too much of a luxury, we really need some wins as draws are not doing us much good

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hoping for another entertaining game with a good atmosphere. It will be tough no doubt but if we can try and not concede early we can frustrate them and we will create chances. I'm going for a surprising home win here as we really need those three points so my heart is ruling my head on this one.

Player
aldo
with city selling the shed out its gonna be a biggie come on you super whites and a mud bath of a pitch

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Coventry took 1800 to Wycombe and have sold their allocation for our game. Rovers will have to keep Godden quiet who scored a hat trick.

their win against Wycombe was their first away win of the season. We have won more on the road including the smash and grab at their temporary home which they’ll surely be looking for revenge for

ADD

Player
Norwood
This will obviously be a real tough game especially with them smarting from the daylight robbery 3 points at their ground! We were much better against Blackpool yet I have to say I didn't think Blackpool were as good as I had expected. Today will show whether the Blackpool game was a flash in the pan or whether we genuinely could stay up with the current squad.
Rides, Wilson and RHM are apparently doubts with the long term injuries much the same as before with the exception that Gilmour was not mentioned. I read elsewhere he is back in full training (not sure for how long he has been) but I can't believe he is fit enough for even the bench? Ponticelli is obviously not available.
Team will likely therefore be as per Blackpool with same formation. If Rides is fit I would play Woods instead of Caprice and if Wilson is fit I would start him either in place of Rides or in midfield.
Result wise I don't expect any half measures. I expect we will either implode and lose heavily or play well again and take some chances and win nicely with a 2-1 or 3-1 scoreline.

Player
Manager
John King
I don't think individual matches tell us whether we are capable of staying up, as performances and form obviously fluctuate. It is our record over twenty-sonething games that gives us a better indication.

Player
aldo
over 7200 sales so far going to be another 8k game hope the boys turn up . i am also looking forward to it as its my first time at pp . no god dame cooking today woop woop

Player
ian goodison
like ADD I too think either a real pasting or a performance that really gets us going so it,s fingers crossed for the latter

Player
Manager
John King
Monthe misses out through injury, replaced by Ray. Otherwise unchanged. Three youngsters on the bench.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We really are down to the bare bones. Avoiding a hammering would be a good result.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Heart says 2-0. Head says 0-2. Today we either get a new year surprise or find out how thin the squad is. ;)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Glad we got one before half time. Another poor start from Rovers.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Can only assume Micky had too much to drink last night given his crazy decision to start with 3-5-2 and play our second top scorer Morris at left wing back. Even with Manny injured. He’s changed it now to the system that did so well against Blackpool but the damage seems done. CBT looks lost. Badly need an experienced centre half and at least Clarke has signed