• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers V Coventry

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
This is a real shame, just after his best game for us, playing largely down the left. Always the risk of being reliant on so many loanees , but we do need to get another wide player in.

Player
Nixon
Now that Everton are out of the race for 4th position, and Delafau (sp) going back with no chance of signing. They will bring Kennedy back to be around the squad.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Deulefeo is on loan all season at Everton they've got plenty of wide players so to recall him and have him round the squad and not playing doesn't make much sense

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think we'll struggle. Our home form is poor. Ronnie's out of the picture. They are a good side. I hope I'm wrong!

This match may point the way things will go in the post-Moore era.
Glad I was completely wrong, but I hope my last sentence proves to be right. It's amazing how one result has suddenly turned everyone on this site from pessimists to optimists. There's still a lot of time to go yet. Most of the lower teams are getting good results, so it's going to be tough. I wonder if the usual 50 points will be enough to stay up this year.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As good a player as Kennedy is, I would be amazed if he is anywhere near Everton's first team. There must be some other reason why they want to call him back to aid his development.

I would agree that we definitely need to bring another wide man in, as neither Robbo or Baggie are capable of taking his place at present.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It's amazing how one result has suddenly turned everyone on this site from pessimists to optimists. There's still a lot of time to go yet. Most of the lower teams are getting good results, so it's going to be tough. I wonder if the usual 50 points will be enough to stay up this year.

One result has not actually changed my opinion, more our general improvement in recent weeks which culminated in yesterday's win. Even before Ronnie's suspension my gut instinct was that we would survive. There is more quality in the side now than at any other stage of the season, although we will be weakened by Kennedy's departure and the potential loss of Lowe and Cassidy to injury; clearly, with fourteen games still to play nothing can be taken for granted.

The bottom four are currently all averaging less than one point per game, so I would think 50 points will be enough for survival.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I am fairly sure 50 points would be enough for safety this season, looking at the games we have left we don't have many top of the table teams to play, we just need to improve our home form and we should be safe