• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Colchester

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Off the radar for a bit. Just been hectic. May have been mentioned previous, but if his master plan is to go up on all nil/nils - it could be done.
Go up without scoring again and sneak it on penalty shoot outs.

Player
aldo
MP needs to take it on the chin we are not good enough he is not good enough we need passion we need Daws and Parky now but we won't get it

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
What an odd interview at times. Not really seen one like that. Definitely issues in the dressing room. He moans about being asked too many questions and keeping it quiet that players are injured. Journalists are paid to ask about team news each week. Quite critical of CBT saying he should do more and in general what a very negative interview and almost a tad bitter about things. Even mentioned the demotion was because we lost 18 games and not because we won 3 before the season ended. Then he says maybe we should bring someone like Nya Kirby in! For the play offs when he’s hardly featured for weeks?!? Then he said the players have eased off since Wembley at training and matches.

What a clown saying he’s sitting on his hands not wanting to speak the truth and upset people. God knows what Palios thinks of this.

Morecambe must be watching this rubbing their hands together about the team they are facing between them and Wembley.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Maybe KH would do well at another club, but not here, he is not the right fit. Let's get rid and move on while we still have a chance of promotion.
Rochdale

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
What an odd interview at times. Not really seen one like that. Definitely issues in the dressing room. He moans about being asked too many questions and keeping it quiet that players are injured. Journalists are paid to ask about team news each week. Quite critical of CBT saying he should do more and in general what a very negative interview and almost a tad bitter about things. Even mentioned the demotion was because we lost 18 games and not because we won 3 before the season ended. Then he says maybe we should bring someone like Nya Kirby in! For the play offs when he’s hardly featured for weeks?!? Then he said the players have eased off since Wembley at training and matches.

What a clown saying he’s sitting on his hands not wanting to speak the truth and upset people. God knows what Palios thinks of this.

Morecambe must be watching this rubbing their hands together about the team they are facing between them and Wembley.
Completely out of order of him to take a dig about the demotion last season - not least because of how Palios would feel about that remark.

It all suggests he knows his days are numbered here.

Player
Ian Goodison
Did you watch the game today?
If I had the choice of Division Two with a different manager or Division One with KH, it's not a difficult decision. I'm won't renew my ticket if this is what we will have to witness every week.
I watch every game and yes we are not easy on the eye but we are in the play offs.

If we don't go up fine be as negative as you want, but until then try and be positive.

Player
Manager
John King
It is perfectly reasonable for people to criticise inadequate performances over a number of months on a public forum.

We were two points outside of the play offs when Hill took over from a bunch of rookies, so scraping into the playoffs has not been a Herculean effort, as Hill himself admits in his interview. He said he felt deflated.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Apparently Murphy and Feeney had an altercation toward the end of the game. Any ideas what about?
Further evidence that the dressing room is split..

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Apparently Murphy and Feeney had an altercation toward the end of the game. Any ideas what about?
Further evidence that the dressing room is split..

Murphy was probably just fed up of the poor Feeney performances of late.

its not just the performances. It’s comments like today about the demotion which as RLC says won’t have gone down well with Palios

Reactions: Boz
Player
aldo
I've had enough I am so happy not to be watching this dross, even though I am missing my team and football but not this shit we have had years of it and a few good years

Player
Manager
John King
We have had 28 shots on target in the last 13 league games (courtesy of the This is Tranmere podcast).

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I agree with a lot of the above analysis. I do like Keith as a person. He was bubbly and positive at the start. He was probably at his chipperest when we got to Wembley but since then he has gradually got more morose and disinterested.

This was the frankest interview I’ve seen from him. I respect his honesty, but no manager should blame his players publicly and certainly not individuals like CBT. He is making his excuses in advance. What was that jibe about demotion about? Was he implying that the squad wasn’t good enough? But most of last season’s squad have been replaced with much better players.

If MP could negotiate a package with Keith and give Dawes/Parky the playoffs, I’m sure he would.

The sad thing is that at the end we finished just six points or two wins from automatic promotion.

I haven’t give up totally. I just hope that when the fans are let in, they give the team - and the manager - their full support. And hope. ;)

Player
Manager
John King
Nine goals scored in the last thirteen games.

Thirteen goals scored in the last seventeen games.

Neil Sedaka football.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Nine goals scored in the last thirteen games.

Thirteen goals scored in the last seventeen games.
Hard to be positive when you read that. Thats basically hope to scrape a win 1-0 and draw most of the other games 0-0. Not football people what to be watching really.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hard to be positive when you read that. Thats basically hope to scrape a win 1-0 and draw most of the other games 0-0. Not football people what to be watching really.
Keith did mention how we could draw all 3 games and still go up. Awful to watch but I would take that

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We have had 28 shots on target in the last 13 league games (courtesy of the This is Tranmere podcast).
Maybe we should do a weekly/monthly podcast. It might make us feel better :)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Keith did mention how we could draw all 3 games and still go up. Awful to watch but I would take that
No no no.... although I don't think we have much choice.