• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Colchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Back to the bread-and-butter after the Villa trip. The games with Colchester are usually fairly tight affairs and they've drawn their three league games to date.

Rovers have an injury worry over Ash Taylor, from the o/s comments it doesn't sound hopeful. If Ash is out, in the absence of any last-ditch loan, I'd hope to see Holmes in central-defence and Kay at full-back. Wallace also has a bruised calf, but is likely to play. Ronnie has intimated that even without the injuries there were likely to be one or two changes. Realistically this is likely to see Bell-Baggie replace Thompson. While he might look at moving Palmer out wide and resting Robbo, it seems unlikely.

Prediction. Crowd just under 5k,with the Us bringing little travelling support. Another draw for the visitors seems the most likely outcome.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
we need to win this to keep the pressure on and hopefully we could be top come 5pm on Saturday night depending on how yeovil get on.i hope ronnie can bring in another striker a decent one .

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'd like to see Cassidy getting a goal as I think he needs one. Will be interesting to see how we cope defensively.

Think this is going to be a tight one with only a goal to seperate the teams.

I'd also like to see BB given a chance to start at home to replace Thompson who still hasn't produced anything.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree with Ian's comments regarding Cassidy and Baggie. I think Jake has been asked to do a lot of work outside the box this season which has not helped his goalscoring. Although they have both played well individually, I also think he and Akpro have yet to really develop a partnership: this was particularly evident on Tuesday when they were too far apart and too isolated for much of the game.

I fancy us to win and hopefully return to the top of the table by 5pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.