• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Chichester

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Just as an aside, I have no idea why their supporters felt the need to abuse us with cliched 'Scouser' chants for much of the game, particularly as we gave them such a friendly welcome.

Very strange.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, quite disappointing. Maybe the occasion got the better of them.

Player
aldo
it might have been the Bury supporters . if they had a team to support immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Player
aldo
if i had to choose between south park or chi . south park all day . even there lad celebrated like he had won the world cup

Player
ian goodison
to be honest AM I was as chuffed as they were when they scored (mind you it was the best goal) they really embraced the occasion

Player
aldo
i think its cool they scored too . realy good for them and as there owner said the money from there run in the cup will keep them running for at least 4 years . fair to them a decent little club...

ADD

Player
Norwood
We were terrible in first half - should have been behind. Commentator was 100% right we were so disappointing with awful passing. Nelson lucky to get away with not conceding a penalty. RHM is beginning to look like a 1 hit wonder with his previous hat trick and was rightly substituted. Jennings did well and gave us far more options.
Ferrier was just about the only one in the first half who was on it - and clearly did the business in the second half.
Second half yes more movement - better passing etc. etc. - reality though is that fitness was the main reason we won so easily in the end...
Then at the end another goal conceded from a set play was so disappointing from our perspective but delighted for Chi's players!
Delighted we are in the next round and hoping for a big big payday draw tonight but it is difficult to know what to make of yesterday - being brutally honest if we play like that in L1 every week from now on we will be in trouble!
Finally credit where credit is due - Perkins was awarded a 100% successful completion rate and Danns although clearly not 100% fit equally did well when he came on albeit against very limited opposition. Even at their advanced ages for a footballer their quality was so obvious to see.

Player
Manager
John King
I think it is premature to write Hepburn-Murphy off. In addition to the MK Dons game, where he was outstanding, he played very well at Wycombe, setting up the winning goal, and was also good in the first half at Fleetwood. He is inconsistent like most young players but he has real potential, unlike some of our other strikers.

The problem yesterday was that he was played on the right wing, and he is not a winger. He has not got the trickery to beat a man out wide when the ball is played in to feet and he is tightly marked. He needs to play up front, with the ball played into his path for him to run on to.

Player
ian goodison
I wonder if the problem with Hepburn-murphy is we don,t have the players clever enough to play to his strengths, ie koumas, Harvey etc

Player
Manager
John King
I just think he is young and inconsistent. He won't be brilliant every week, but he is worth persevering with. And he needs to play in his proper position.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Just voted for Ferrier's goal as Goal Of The Round on the BBC website. However, it looks like Ivan Toney will win it by a mile! Quite rightly, to be fair ...