• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Chichester

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
Can add 2 into that number and I imagine there’ll be a few other ST holders who will just pay on the day. If there’s a £2 extra charge then that will hopefully go to the club in whatever helpful way.

Player
aldo
thats a pathetic thing to say . will be 4k tops we know bury fans are coming as well so might get a few more in the away end

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
One season ticket holder I was talking to last night said he wasn't going tomorrow. His excuse was the game will be rubbish against low opposition and he couldn't take the embarrassment if Chichester won.

Crazy.
So he'd rather be a telly clapper for the day?
Outrageous line of thinking.
I'm sure there's loads of us that every now and then when a really comatosing fixture is up, for a split second, think "can I be arsed?".
So you slap yourself and when at the ground you feel redeemed when your with others who have probably had same thought and
turned up!
Can you imagine what the attendances in the bin would have been if we all did that after home to defeats to the Gatesheads and Boreham Woods of this world?
Anyway........looking forward to tomorrow. Few beers in tent, hopefully some of their fans will join us, and a goal for us in first 10 mins. A starter for at least four more;)

Player
ian goodison
would love to be there sunday but can,t predict when cup matches will be played ie picked for sunday so as plans have already been made will make do with highlites

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Remember this? I don't, I wasn't even born!

I remember it well. Radford's goal was a cracker. He started and finished the move. I was at PP that afternoon and couldn't believe the result when I got home.

However, this was before the league pyramid, so difficult to compare. Hereford were in the Southern League, just below the FL, so tier five and "just" four leagues below Newcastle. I'd be very happy for Hereford to keep their record!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
In 2007-8 Chasetown (Southern League First Division) knocked out Port Vale (League One) in the Second Round. Chasetown played at the same level as our opponents tomorrow, and hence there were five divisions between the two clubs.

I think there must have been other occasions when a non-league club beat a side five divisions higher, albeit probably never a top flight club. In fact, Coventry Sporting may have been five rungs below us in 1975 (our last defeat to a non-league team as a league club).

Last edited:
Player
aldo
lets just get our pro hats on no silly buggers . lets not have another Oxford city who should have beaten us last season . we need fast in your face and be bullies . kill em fast give em nothing . and let them have there night out in pool

ADD

Player
Norwood
Looking forward to this one - we should of course win easily but I would like us to show dominance from the get go and not let them get their tails up!
I would start Woods instead of Caprice and I would like Walker-Rice (who seems the most likely of the 4 first year guys) to get meaningful minutes either as a starter or as an early second half sub assuming we are not losing of course!!
BTW has anyone heard any news on McCullough - he should not be that far away from fitness by now?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think they'll go for it in the first 10 mins but we should soon start to control the game. I don't expect a quick start from us.

Player
Manager
John King
You would think the pace and skill of Ferrier, RHM and CBT will scare them to death, assuming they start the game. Chichester might defend really deep to try and counter our pace in attack, but if we score the first goal and force them to come out of their defensive shape, you would think that trio will cause problems.

Player
Manager
John King
442, Potter and Perkins in midfield , CBT and Morris wide, Ferrier and RHM up front Ridehalgh replaces Borthwick Jackson. Very attacking line up.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Phew! I can relax now. Now for the third round draw. A top six Premier League team please, Santa. If not, anyone but Peterborough United. ;)

Reactions: Boz

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hardly convincing 1st half but their legs went after 60 mins and it was plain sailing from that point.

Player
Manager
John King
4-3-3 innit?
Yes, it was (or at least, 4213) and I don't think it really worked.

I thought we played some decent stuff in the first half but Ferrier was too isolated and RHM did not look comfortable played out wide. We had a scare in the first couple of minutes when their number nine headed wide after poor defending, but thereafter we had control of the ball, but struggled with our final pass when we reached the eighteen yard box. I did not see why we needed to be so cutesy with the formation against limited opposition: Ferrier was playing well and causing problems but needed more support up front.

The switch to 4411 after the break made the difference. We started to find gaps in the final third and when Chichester visibly tired around the sixty minute mark, we took them apart and scored some very good goals.

Individually, I thought Ferrier was excellent throughout and was man of the match, and Morris had another decent game. David Perkins did a lot of good work protecting the back four, in the first half in particular, and Caprice had an excellent second half, playing a part in three of the goals. Both centre halves were solid, particularly Manny.

The consolation goal for Chichester at the end was a nice moment, but I was still frustrated that we again failed to keep a clean sheet, and again conceded from a set play. I think the Dog and Duck would score from a corner against us at the moment.

A good day and I am looking forward to 7pm tomorrow.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
First half was really poor. They worked hard but there were a number of misplaced passes and we looked a team of strangers. Ferrier too isolated and I’m thinking why, at home to an 8th tier side, are we playing one central striker? Fair play to Micky in changing things and our class and fitness told in the end.

Like RLC I’m disappointed about the lack of clean sheet. But for the 2nd successive season we’re into the 3rd round.

I’m still defrosting and cheering Leicester on at the moment

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
First half was really poor. They worked hard but there were a number of misplaced passes and we looked a team of strangers. Ferrier too isolated and I’m thinking why, at home to an 8th tier side, are we playing one central striker? Fair play to Micky in changing things and our class and fitness told in the end.

Like RLC I’m disappointed about the lack of clean sheet. But for the 2nd successive season we’re into the 3rd round.

I’m still defrosting and cheering Leicester on at the moment

I thought for 60 minutes we were poor, we huffed and puffed to little effect our passing was very poor, for me Potter and Perkins does not work in midfield with Potter in particular very disappointing, Hepburn-Murphy was also poor.

On the bright side Ferrier is looking sharper and we are through to the third round and hopefully we will avoid Peterborough

Player
aldo
ok job done . prize money of around £116k with gate money over £200k so not bad . who do we want Liverpool away or Man u away . my boss is a manc red and has said we are going if we get them . and he is paying . would love to see rovers in front of 75000 winning 3-0 like we did against the Everton