• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Chichester

Player
aldo
just doing a little research on chi . ok . they like to pass the ball on the floor so that should suit us . . in there last game the oppo got down the wings a fair few times . if blake taylor gets going and rush to it could be quite an interesting afternoon . . there defending at the weekend leaves a lot to think about . would play morgs and rush up top the speed should be enough on there own to do enough to do damage to them . ,,, we need to get on the ball early and put the game to bed as quick as . we cant take it easy or they could shock us . set plays they are ok good balls in the box and the lad with the free kicks looks good so no silly give aways . . also its great that there media are with there players everyday this week at there work and with them at there ground . they must be loving it .

Player
ian goodison
didn,t the killjoy of a referee book hin for the celebration AM ? another typical jobsworth

Player
aldo
was fun just remember them getting a standing ovation after the game they loved it . and like chi are going to do they hit Liverpool after and had a massive party. they are calling it the biggest game of there lives . just imagine if Rovers don,t turn up on sun and play a Shocker . we would be a laughing stock of the footie world

Player
ian goodison
I was made they scored and to be honest it was the goal of the game, remember them saying the ovation they got at the end made then think they had won the game, great day

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's a great event. The four players look like they get this sort of media attention every week. They seem to be taking it all in their stride and if they carry that attitude onto the pitch they won't be fazed and we could have a difficult match.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Firstly, hoping that the frosts aren't severe enough to put the match in jeopardy. The ideal day for me would be a full strength team, a convincing win and a clean sheet with a decent attendance. Let Chi's moment of glory be the visit to PP rather than a goal against us! Then the excitement of the third round draw!

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Seems much longer than 12 months since we played Oxford City, a team then two divisions below us. There's a five division gap between us and Chi so we really ought to win this with a few goals to spare.
I was away for the Sparks game but hold fond memories of Brigg Town. A repeat of that day, in every aspect, would be great.
Glad it's a 3 o'clock kick off not 12. I found it difficult to motivate myself for such a time on a Sunday v Wycombe, as did most of the crowd. Just shows what effect the tent has!
Without risking anyone, full strength, put it to bed and let's watch the draw on Monday.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with ONIGP with regard to the frosty climate.

Danns and Ridehalgh are both fit, as Neil was featured in the pre-match interviews, wonder if he'll be back in the starting xi, which would be welcome. We should play our strongest fully fit side, if we get into a comfortable lead then can take off some key players. After last year's experience against lower league opponents, nothing can be taken for granted.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I watched Maldon and Tiptree, of the same level as Chichester, against Newport tonight. Newport had the better chances and deservedly won 1-0, but there was not much between the sides in the second half and the non-league side were certainly competitive.

All of that said, I think Maldon are an exception in that league. They have an arrangement with Colchester, who supply them with youth players, and are probably better than most at that standard.

Player
aldo
yes there front 3 have scored 66 between them and they have scored 88 as a team . must be fun watching them. they did play well there no 9 reminded me of cookie a bully and a bruiser . how we could do with one or two of em now ... hoping for a good performance and think it will be 4-0 . but knowing rovers it will be 5-5 and we will win the replay

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
There could be a flood of goals, but more likely is a stalemate for 20 minutes or so before Rovers open the scoring. If we can get another before half-time, the second half should be one-way traffic. However, Tranmere seem to find a way of making what should be easy quite difficult.

I'm fairly confident we can do it first time of asking. Even a draw would be a massive result for Chi. If they did the unthinkable and won, it would be one of all-time cup upsets. Two seasons ago, Lincoln won at Burnley, but there was only a four division gap. Has any non-league team ever won away in the FA Cup against a league team five tiers above?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
2906 with 456 away so far for tomorrow, looks like it will be a disappointing crowd

Player
Manager
John King
2906 with 456 away so far for tomorrow, looks like it will be a disappointing crowd
A decent turnout from Chichester though.

I think we will get to about 4,000 in the end.

I can never understand why people miss matches like this, but turn up for mediocre league encounters against Shrewsbury or Gillingham.

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
In other news, Wrexham lost to fellow strugglers Ebbsfleet today and are now bottom of the National League, five points from safety.

There but for the grace of God (and Micky Mellon).......

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I can never understand why people miss matches like this, but turn up for mediocre league encounters against Shrewsbury or Gillingham
One season ticket holder I was talking to last night said he wasn't going tomorrow. His excuse was the game will be rubbish against low opposition and he couldn't take the embarrassment if Chichester won.

Crazy.