• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Chichester

Player
aldo
chichester have already got 500 registerd for tickets for the game .thats superb when you consider there last away game had only 84 in the whole ground . ive not had the best record at FA cup games recent times my last 3 have been posh at home we all know what Happend there . oxford city . and spurs . lucky for me with it being on a sunday i have a huge Carvery on and with over 100 attending i wont be there again . its annoying this season i have only been to 2 games and looks like its gonna stay that way .just sooooooo busy . but hoping with me not there for the 2rd game they can do a pro job and no messing around . this is there cup Final and they are gonna be up for this can see it being a tough game an early goal and there keeper sent off inside 5 mins would be superb lol

Player
ian goodison
it,s great to get the money from televised games until you make plans for sundays and they go out of the window will try to change (wife will go spare) but lets hope we take them more seriously than oxford city

Player
aldo
we have to im gutted im gonna miss it .we can,t be as bad as we where against city last season . lol

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would start with a full strength team in this game. We are playing well at the moment and finally starting to get a settled side, with players returning from injury and relationships developing in the team, and there is a danger of a repeat of the disjointed performance against Salford (not to mention, Oxford City and Southport last season) if we make too many changes. It would be good if we could put the game to bed inside sixty minutes, and then rest players if necessary.

We have a free week either side of this game, and can use the Mickey Mouse match against Man United to experiment and give game time to players returning from injury.

I don't think we need five at the back at home to Chichester, and I would start with a line up something like this:

Davies
Caprice Nelson Monthe CBJ
Morris Potter Perkins / Jennings / Danns CBT
RHM Ferrier

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree with RLC, full strength side, but keeping out any players who are not felt to be 100% fit. We don't need any draining replays for this game and ought to be strong enough to see the tie out early on.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I agree with RLC we need to play our strongest possible side and get the game won at the first time of asking

Player
Manager
John King
I have done a bit more research on the opposition, and they are at the same level of the Isthmian League as South Park, who we beat comfortably with a below-strength National League side a couple of years ago.

It would have to be a calamitous performance for us to lose the game (or fail to win), but I would still play a full strength team.

Player
aldo
yes we need to go at them . we could do with a full on performance . with over 1000 away fans expected to travel . and i for 1 hope they can do that would be amazing for a small club . we need to respect them and play like we have in the last two or 3 games . give them noting

Player
Manager
John King
It would be good if we could get a decent crowd for this, perhaps close to our league average. In reality, the gate will probably be around 4,000, which won't look great on the telly.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The admission prices are very cheap. Dads and mums £10, grandparents £5, kids £1. I just hope a few parents are tempted to bring their kids along to see a game which should be played in a pleasant atmosphere without any animosity.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would think we are probably looking at a crowd around the 4000 mark with around 600 or so away fans

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I would hope for a few more. FA Cup, a chance to reach round 3 and new opposition. Why would any of our regulars (4,500?) stay away?

Player
Manager
John King
It is more like 6,000 regulars these days surely ? I would still imagine the gate will be around 4,000.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, TV always keeps some away. Should still be a decent atmosphere though.

Player
aldo
0ver1220 now and chi started selling tickets yesterday . the bury knobs are saying they are gonna come and wana dance on the pitch again . do they even have a team :unsure: yes below the belt . its chi,s day hope they don,t ruin it being d$%&ks. ....

Player
aldo
with 260 away fans already they are past there avg home attendance . not bad for selling in 1 day for them lets hope they fill at least half of it

Player
Manager
John King
Chichester actually had to win six matches even to reach the First Round.

They started in the extra-preliminary round back in August, and it is almost unheard of for a team that starts that early in the Cup to reach the competition proper. An incredible achievement, whatever happens on Sunday.

Player
aldo
just hope they have a great day . but not with the score .hope we show them respect . does eney one remember when south park scored and there lad ran the lenth of the pitch to celebrate with there fans . that was the best part of the game 4 me brilliant