• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Carlisle

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Carlisle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Carlisle
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, November 24, 2020 - 07:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
a win is a win and if it shuts the tit heads up and gives hill some breathing space we have won 6 in a row ok two cup games and 1 on pens looking forward to watching rovers on Friday on the beeb bring it on

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Brilliant hard fought victory. Shows we have the quality to punish teams and dig deep when we need too. The whole defence was excellent and Spearing is an excellent guard just ahead of them. I think we limited them to maybe 2/3 shots on target. Pleased for Hill to get a win in his first game. Up to 9th! SWA!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
This commentary is driving me mad. Bloody catchphrase
The commentary is actually spoiling my enjoyment of the games now. It was incredibly tense in that second half, but instead of capturing the mood of the match they wittered on with endless trivia.

They need to learn that less is more.

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
Could not agree more about the commentators. First half it was all about the colour of Carlisle's kit, then all the catchphrase rubbish. It's so much better when Higgy is there; anyone know why we hear from him some games but not others ?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Could not agree more about the commentators. First half it was all about the colour of Carlisle's kit, then all the catchphrase rubbish. It's so much better when Higgy is there; anyone know why we hear from him some games but not others ?
Not sure why higgy doesn't do all of the games, but agree with others there is far too much chatter about nothing.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
I turn it off - I end up just getting wound up with the constant irrelevant drivel.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Great result, and a great game to watch. We played some great football and also showed that we can roll the sleeves up when they started getting more direct and physical. The depth of the squad is going to be key as we could afford to bring on real quality in the second half.

Spearing was superb again, however I thought that Vaughan and Clarke were just as important. Manny still worries me however he was also immense when they started to load balls into the box.

Onwards and upwards!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A moment of magic from Corey sealing the win. Was expecting a little more from Carlisle, who were as physical a side as I've seen this season and while the closing minutes were nervy with lots of balls being slung into our box, we deserved the points and the win eases any pressure off Keith Hill. Agree with the plaudits for Spearing Clarke and Vaughan.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I was the pessimist who voted for the draw. :(. Glad I was wrong.

Hope we can make it three home wins in a row in a week on Friday but it won’t be easy.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If we keep up with this level of performance, there is no reason why we cannot be in the top six all season. We have the players to do it, we just have to be consistent. Carlisle worked hard and were a solid unit, but they didn't really trouble us even with the sustained pressure in the last 10 minutes. There are some very good signs now and the team is really shaping up. Keith Hill has come in at a great time and he should be able to move this group onto better things.

Player
ian goodison
wonder if the likes of murphy, ferrier and a couple of others get a game Friday will be interesting to see

frenchrover

Player
aldo
A really professional performance with a quality strike from CBT to seal the points following a superb crossfield pass from Clarke. Although Carlisle are a decent side, and on the basis of tonight's showing will be there or thereabouts come seasons end, I thought we started to sit too deep in the final quarter of the game and, with a couple of "flappy" clearances from Davies, the pressure was beginning to mount resulting in us giving possession away mainly through long punts upfield. Nevertheless the defence, in particular Clarke and Spearing, held strong and saw out everything thrown at them. I also think the two young fullbacks had good games So on to the Cup game on Friday with hopefully another solid performance propelling us into Round 3 .

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Great three points against a tough team and a good start for the new manager. Really good interview by Hill afterwards. You can't tell he's been round the block a few times. A quietly shrewd cookie I think who will bring his experience to bare as the season progresses and hopefully a promotion challenge evolves.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
wonder if the likes of murphy, ferrier and a couple of others get a game Friday will be interesting to see
I would expect a few changes as some of the squad will need game time but I bet none of the.players will want miss out.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Suspect that at the end of the season that 3 points might prove to be very important against a very physical and big side. The fact their keeper came up at the end for the corner says it all - they knew it as well. We were excellent first half and defended well in the second though we let them come onto us a little bit too much in the last 15 minutes. Bossed posession but it was interesting to see they had more shots than us despite them clearly for 60 minutes trying to catch us on the break.
Lots of great performances again - difficult to single any one out. Manny worries me now we are playing a passing from the back game - not accurate enough - again gave it away too much and not so comfortable on the ball. That said on one and ones he is always so strong - Ellis I heard has fluid on the knee hence why he wasn't on the bench.
Will indeed be interesting to see how many changes we make for Friday.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think we still had more genuine chances if you consider Vaughan's two headers and CBT's goal that was not. The possession stats were 70 - 30 in our favour at times, which is pretty remarkable against strong opposition.

From Hill's comments, I don't think there will be wholesale changes on Friday. I would rest a couple of players but I think the core of the side needs to start to avoid a disjointed display and another Oxford City. Then take players off at half time if we are winning comfortably.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think we still had more genuine chances if you consider Vaughan's two headers and CBT's goal that was not. The possession stats were 70 - 30 in our favour at times, which is pretty remarkable against strong opposition.
Yes, it was certainly a good test against a strong side to see where we fit in the division. I think the defensive aspect pleased me the most. We headed everything out and limited them to very few really good chances.

On another day Vaughan's headers would have gone in, they were great chances and actually very good efforts on goal.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes I expect some of the older players especially those in the spine will be given the night off, especially with a game next Tuesday.

loved Hills Kingy esq quote in getting the job. No major changes needed - just a bit of salt and pepper!