• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Carlisle

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Carlisle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Carlisle
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, November 24, 2020 - 07:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
well, let us hope it is the same as yesterday. the big man's first game in charge should be easy for him to choose who plays you would expect the same team same formation and just say the same again it should be that easy. I'm going for another humdinger of a result 4-0 and shut a few of the ideots up on Twitter also if results go our way we could be in the playoff places late Tuesday night, who would have imagined that a few weeks ago, something else to think about if we win on Tuesday, then on Friday who gets the manager of the month award you would think it would be Daws, wouldn't it be mad to think the assistant gets it lol

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think this is the toughest game we have had since Jacko left. Carlisle are flying high in fourth place and are in fine form themselves, and on the face of it a draw would be a decent result. However, as AM says, a victory could actually takes us into the play off positions and put us within touching distance of the automatic places and would be a huge boost.

There are a few familiar names in the Carlisle squad, like Lewis Allessandra, but they seem to have a number of young, hungry players. Ironically, their manager Chris Beech was Keith Hill's assistant at Rochdale.

It will be interesting to see how we set up tactically. I am pretty sure we will keep the ball on the ground, as Hill's Rochdale teams have always played passing football. However, I hope he sticks with the current tactical set up and the diamond formation, at least in the short term, as that system has really suited us in recent games.

It is very difficult to call the result and it will be a tough test.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree this will be our toughest test so far. If we don’t win then social media will go into meltdown as the over the top reactions make out any lack of win is down to the new manager. A load of crap of course/

Carlisle are a strong side and recruited well in recent months. I guess a point wouldn’t be a disaster after recent wins but I’m more concerned about any potential overreaction.

Assume we’ll be unchanged unless Hill tinkers with things which surely wouldn’t be a good idea...

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would think the tam and formation will be the same, confidence will be sky high & with a new manager to impress I'm going for a win 2 1.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Don't expect any changes either as can't see anyone being dropped after that display. Going to be a tough game - being Tranmere I suspect we may well lose so the meltdown can really get going... but hoping for another nice win. Will say 2-1.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Don't expect any changes either as can't see anyone being dropped after that display. Going to be a tough game - being Tranmere I suspect we may well lose so the meltdown can really get going... but hoping for another nice win. Will say 2-1.
On present form, it could go either way. I hope the team put in another shift to impress their new boss. If we lose, I'll be disappointed but not downhearted or surprised. Carlisle are almost unstoppable at the moment.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I just hope we approach the game as positively as we have been recently. Yes Carlisle are in good form but we’re at home and have scored 9 goals in our last two games with several different scorers. Let’s go for it and take the game to them

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I just hope we approach the game as positively as we have been recently
Yes, that is my hope too. As has been said, Hill seems to want to play on the floor so that is good news. Very tough game, but no reason we can't give it a good go. Goals are flying in, confidence is high, i think it's set to be a cracker. I'd be happy with a draw but a win would be a very good one for Hill's first game in charge.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Not an easy game for Keith Hill's first game in charge of Rovers. I don't think he will significantly change the side or formation but there's inevitably an element of mind games, particularly with the managers having worked with each other so Beech will have some insight into how Hill thinks having worked as his assistant and maybe able to throw a few spanners into the mix. Stifling Blackett-Taylor in the second half had an effect in breaking down our attacking flow v Grimsby and we need to be able to take advantage of the extra space elsewhere.

I really don't know that much about the Cumbrians. It's a surprise that they're doing so well, after pre-season talk of them going into furlough and players playing part-time left their fans pessimistic. Think we've come up against Nick Anderton at Barrow, Farman their keeper was a time-waster par excellence at Lincoln, Rhys Bennett an experienced defender is on a short term shop-window deal like Danny Lloyd, while both Kayode on loan from Rotherham and Toure can be a handful on their day. They like taking long throw-ins on the left.

Would like a win, but a draw wouldn't be a bad result.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
If we are to challenge for the automatic spots this is a game to win, there away form hasnt been that good although Saturday was a good win but we are a much better team then most teams they have played so far.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Tonight's programme.

Attachments

• Tranmere_CarlisleUnited_24112020.pdf
    5.7 MB · Views: 234
Player
aldo
thats great seeing the training clips on youtube the lads are bouncing and Daws and Sparky having a load of laughs with em

ADD

Player
Norwood
No surprise there - nobody could be dropped after Saturday.,.. looking forward to it!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good signs. Looking forward to this. Come on whites!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Both teams looking dangerous. Could go either way.