• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Carlisle

Rovers v Carlisle
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
well what more can we say . we have a new song TEQUILA . witch sounded amazing . lets fill the ground the boys deserve it . its a big game we have to keep it going . 91 was the last time we won 6 in a row ive never seen them win 7 in a row and i been watching them from the mid 80s . lets hope for 7500/8k . the whole team seems so togeather and with the amazing support we have . its just great to see a wonderful club run well supported by superb fans every one pulling in the right direction . as one the new lads mm has to take massive credit to get em in they all have been brilliant . im going for a positive 3-0 with connor / the lord and a perkins worldy

Player
ian goodison
always hate either being on the telly or big gates, old habit but I,m always nervous,

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Me too, KTF. Haven't heard the Tequila song yet.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We had nearly 8 thousand against crewe and won there is no reason we cant beat Carlisle, I am looking forward to it

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Very exciting end to the season. Just want we want as Rovers supporters and about time too! Looking forward to the game.

Player
aldo
yes its very exciting . this is what football is about . this time of year and having somthing to play for . we have had so long to wait for stuff like this . lets enjoy we waited 27 years for promotion . lets enjoy while we have a chance again

Reactions: Ian
Player
aldo
oh if you have not heard the new song its on the 12th man vid on yutube its very catchy ive been humming it all day. when you get to the last part of the vid . just imagine the whole kop singing it it would sound amazing . and on sat it was only 466

Reactions: Boz
Player
aldo
you have gotta love it . even the colchester manager has said about it . even there own fans where bobbing to it .

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
Great addition to the SWA repatoire!! Tequila has been buzzing in my ears ever since Saturday. Made the game on a sunny day like a carnival atmosphere. Well done SWA and the drummer who was a real star.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Agree the new song is great.
But at the times when the players are in a bit of a lull or under the cosh, I think the old Super White Army chant will spur them on better.
Tequila is more a feelgood song for the fans. And why not make hay while the sun shines.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think we will win again on Saturday and im going for 3 1

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's been a while since I saw us beat Carlisle at PP. While I missed the last L2 encounter, when losing 0-2 started our slump into non-league, Saturday's referee Scott Duncan was also in the middle for that one. Hopefully not an omen... Before that can recall a 0-0 on the day of a meeting when Peter Johnson indicated he was going to invite the Trust on board, only to change his mind and bring in Jeremy Butler instead. A previous season saw a 0-1 defeat and a slide down the table when Akpa Apro lashed out and got sent off in the first half. Surely we're due a comfortable home win against the Cumbrians?

Not that many familiar names in the visitor's squad, though midfielder Mike Jones started his career at Rovers. After John Sheridan took them into the play-off places, then jumped ship, his replacement Stephen Pressley hasn't maintained that momentum and they're now just outside the play-off spots.

Presume Rovers will be unchanged again. It looks like another decent attendance well into 7k.

Player
aldo
5800 its going to be 7500 you would think if the wirral public cant get behind the rovers when we are on a great run then they never will . come on peeps there,s room for 3 teams in the area