• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Friendly Rovers v Burnley

ADD

Player
Norwood
Have to say I really don't understand why Burnley was chosen for our last game and particularly to play away at their training ground as well? We were always going to be soundly beaten even if the side they put out was far from their strongest. How we can work on our shape and attacking play when we would always be under the cosh and chasing around I have no idea? Surely a game against a NLN team would have made more sense. We could also have done them a favour as they would have been able to have some fans in (Warrington had 300 last night).
Burnley also played Shrews at the same time at their training ground and lost 2-1 to Shrews - not a direct like for like but to me all I can see is that pre-season has been seriously underwhelming....
That said, Jacko seems to be very happy with how it has gone and was again very positive after today's game if you read the report so the proof will be in the pudding next week and more importantly at the start of the season. Here's hoping!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think playing two games against inferior teams and two against superior sides is reasonable. The timing of the matches is not going to be perfect, but that is dependent on the needs of the other clubs as well.

If nothing else, today's match will have improved focus and concentration ahead of next week.

Player
aldo
just hope the lads have not had their confidence knocked. we all know its only pre-season but good results always helps

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Poor defending for their second, possible foul for the third? Shame they didn't show Payne's disallowed effort.