• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Friendly Rovers v Burnley

Player
aldo
I would assume this is our last game b4 we get going I think next weekend we play Harrogate in the cup. would have liked one more against a non-LG team in midweek to get more time in the lad's legs as it's been so long out. did see the highlights of the Preston game and wow that pitch is AMAZING. Let's hope we play good stuff on it and do it proud

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think this one is at Burnley AM, probably at their training ground.

No live stream, so just Twitter updates I assume.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Rovers 2-0-down at halftime....no idea which 11 we've put out. Burnley have 2 teams playing today, their other 11 playing Shrewsbury and Shrewsbury 2-1 up. Have to hope we do better against that Burnley 11 when the changes made for the 2nd half

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Make that 3.

Player
Manager
John King
Pretty strong Burnley attacking line up featuring Rodriguez, Vydra and Gudmundsson, so not a huge surprise I suppose. Strange that the Tranmere Twitter page has not provided updates.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Strange that the Tranmere Twitter page has not provided updates. Strange, and disappointing....and no mention of the squad that travelled either.

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Strange that the Tranmere Twitter page has not provided updates. Strange, and disappointing....and no mention of the squad that travelled either.
Totally agree, Frenchrover, don't understand the lack of any media coverage, poor communication from the club again.

Looking at the two Burnley sides which started, the one playing Shrewsbury was stronger, but at least a half-dozen with good Prem experience against us, so not too bothered by the scoreline. Ideally we need another game against a lower league side to get prepared for Harrogate

Player
Manager
John King
Report now on website. Vaughan did not feature and must be injured, hopefully not seriously, and Lewis started ahead of Banks. There were only a couple of substitutions, so I would guess the starting line up is the one that will feature against Harrogate, injuries to Davies, Ferrier and Vaughan aside.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Davies won't play against Harrogate, worrying that 2 of the 3 strikers we have are currently injured got to hope nothing serious as very light up front otherwise.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
I'd agree with RLC's assessment that the 11 that started today look like being the team to face Harrogate next Saturday, although hopefully Vaughan and Ferrier may be available which would definitely strengthen the squad. It seems Davies might be a week or two from a return

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The o/s makes it clear this is the last friendly, can't help feeling we're a little under-prepared. Wonder if we are getting full-back cover in? Otherwise it seems very strange management not to give whoever is going to fill in v Harrogate, while O'Connor is on international duty, some time on the pitch as right-back. The injuries are a concern given the small squad with Vaughan and Ferrier both seeming to be injury-prone. Arguably Murphy deserves to start even if Davies is fit by then, though if not, having a rookie keeper on the bench also a worry.

Player
aldo
let's hope we see loads improvements. we are going in undercooked if you ask me should have had at least one more game but hey ho thats life. think we defo need another forward in. roll-on next week the real stuff starts

Player
Manager
John King
Ridehalgh is an experienced player who has filled in at right back before, so I am not sure it was necessary to start him today. We would generally have more than four senior friendlies, but this has been an extraordinary situation and we did not really have enough players to play matches until two to three weeks ago.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
As long as O'Connor stays fit then it's not too much of an issue with no real cover but if he's out for an extended period then it's a big concern.

Still think we could do with 2 or 3 more in but whether we do or not is another matter.

Player
Manager
John King
Just out of interest, Preston are 3-0 up against Mansfield at half time in the League Cup.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
O'Connor is going to miss around half a dozen games through internationals, even if he stays fit. While Ridehalgh and others have occasionally played at right-back, they're not regulars there and given O'Connor is clearly unavailable for the Harrogate game, it would have made sense to give Lee a rest and give Rides or whoever it is the second half. Don't think Clarke was the right-side central defender the last time Ridehalgh played right-back, so a chance to develop an understanding with his team-mate in a match setting.

Player
aldo
I understand all that but goals and winning breeds confidence Losing 3 and drawing 1. with 1 scored and 8 given away. yes, it means nothing, and it's all about the fitness of the players. it can only improve that's all I am saying. must say I am now really looking forward to next weekend