• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Brewers

Rovers v Brewers
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, September 21, 2019 - 07:45 PM
Until: Saturday, September 21, 2019 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
With the attacking talent the have Peterborough should certainly be in with at least a shout of the play offs, Burton on the other hand besides a couple of players don't look to have that much and will struggle to score goals, as for Oxford what a week and day for them
Agree with this. Posh a good side, but a bit inconsistent. Thought on their summer recruitment that Oxford might be play-off contenders and recent form has them heading up the table.

Ian and RLC make valid points is respect of Danns match fitness and where he operates best. While I think it was a good debut and he will get better with improved fitness and understanding of team-mates, what Perkins does defensively will be missed while he’s unfit. Moreso because of the other absentees at the back. How near is Caprice to a return?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
There are a few sides underperforming. Portsmouth of course but look at Lincoln! Lost 0-6 at home to Oxford. They have imploded but were on the slide even before the Cowleys left. I think there all be a few surprises this season.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Agree with this. Posh a good side, but a bit inconsistent. Thought on their summer recruitment that Oxford might be play-off contenders and recent form has them heading up the table.

Ian and RLC make valid points is respect of Danns match fitness and where he operates best. While I think it was a good debut and he will get better with improved fitness and understanding of team-mates, what Perkins does defensively will be missed while he’s unfit. Moreso because of the other absentees at the back. How near is Caprice to a return?

Caprice back in full training, would think the next game or two he will hopefully be back in contention

Player
aldo
also . in my eyes its our first real win as i don,t count playing the kids in the Bolton game to much . although it was nice to batter them . as for the front two Payne has got 3 poachers goals and long mey it go on . mull has got his goal and working hard goals will come . must bee mulls best run under Mellon . and long mey that continue . they are working hard and seem to be bonding

ADD

Player
Norwood
also . in my eyes its our first real win as i don,t count playing the kids in the Bolton game to much . although it was nice to batter them . as for the front two Payne has got 3 poachers goals and long mey it go on . mull has got his goal and working hard goals will come . must bee mulls best run under Mellon . and long mey that continue . they are working hard and seem to be bonding
I agree to a point but in that game you can also see why he is never going to b e a prolific striker with 2 good chances neither of which hit the target....

ADD

Player
Norwood
Maligned figures? What a wind-up merchant you are, RLC!
You're so tiring and incredibly dismissive of others' opinions. Your one-upmanship is frankly pathetic, 'chum

This is my final post today. I'd like to thank all those decent Rovers fans here with whom I've had an enjoyable exchange of views.
Life is far too short, however, to get embroiled in a weekly tit-fot-tat with The Pedant. You know who you are.....
OJJ entirely up to you of course but I for one enjoy reading your comments which are always intelligent, to the point and never rude or dismissive. I hope after you have slept on it you will have a change of heart! Cheers.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
OJJ entirely up to you of course but I for one enjoy reading your comments which are always intelligent, to the point and never rude or dismissive.
Check out his post on the first page of this thread......

Player
ian goodison
I must admit being a bit surprised with ojj as I think this forum is really quite respectful of peoples differing opinions and hope he returns refreshed, just don't go on the paddock forum!!!!!!

Reactions: Ian

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Sorry but I am not in the bit surprised, this attitude of I'm always right, I will accept no dissent has prevailed here for some long time I'm afraid. That is the reason I hardly ever post now and I can therefore understand OJJ's decision. No doubt I too will be castigated for this comment.

Player
Manager
John King
Sorry but I am not in the bit surprised, this attitude of I'm always right, I will accept no dissent has prevailed here for some long time I'm afraid. That is the reason I hardly ever post now and I can therefore understand OJJ's decision. No doubt I too will be castigated for this comment.
You have obviously changed your mind since accepting my apology after our disagreement last year.

I would just urge you to read OJJ's comments on the first page of this thread and consider whether you would want to be addressed in that fashion ? And whether you think it acceptable to subject another poster to a tirade of insults ? Not to mention the insults that appeared in his previous posts.

Last edited:

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
It takes all sorts. But if anybody's pedantry, self-righteousness, poor spelling, lack of respect, posting while under the influence, lack of a sense of humour, off-topic meanderings, genuinely held but minority viewpoints are too excessive we have a moderator who I trust to do the honours. It is disappointing when people choose to stop posting because it diminishes the rich tapestry of viewpoints that are shared. I for one am disappointed when I log on and we have no New Posts! Be loud and proud of your own opinion and please keep posting! I guess this post fails on my own points 2 and 7 ...
Anyway, who's kicking off Ipswich (A)?

ADD

Player
Norwood
Check out his post on the first page of this thread......

So as well as OJJ, French Rover has been influenced also not to bother posting due to the hassle factor.... interesting!

This below is his exact post reference you.....

""Maligned figures? What a wind-up merchant you are, RLC!
You're so tiring and incredibly dismissive of others' opinions. Your one-upmanship is frankly pathetic, 'chum'!

Life is far too short, however, to get embroiled in a weekly tit-fot-tat with The Pedant. You know who you are..... "

RLC, you also used the word "maligned" in the Posh report as well as in this, so OJJ's point was that you are trying to AGAIN make the point that people who don't think the same as you re Banks, Payne etc. are wrong.

Incidentally the meaning of a pedant is defined as "a person who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules or with displaying academic learning". One case immediately of you being exactly that came to my mind when a couple of weeks ago a poster said we had gone to 442 and you went back rudely and said the person concerned can't have been watching the game as we went to 433. I thought about replying at that time since I also thought we had gone 442 but I decided I couldn't be bothered either.....

So I stand by my comment that OJJ was not rude and hope he sees fit to post again in future and we should perhaps all reflect that this forum works best when people disagree they do it politely and not dismissively....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Can we stay on topic please chaps. Anything personal or directed at another forum member is never constructive in an open forum and ends up spoiling the thread. If you feel the need to comment about another poster, please do it privately and directly to the poster so you can sort your differences out.

A great example of this community and I hope they don't mind me saying but @Boz and @Rockfords Love Child have shared their differences over the years, which I always enjoy reading but have never resorted to personal attacks or comments about each other's character.

Player
Manager
John King
So as well as OJJ, French Rover has been influenced also not to bother posting due to the hassle factor.... interesting!

This below is his exact post reference you.....

""Maligned figures? What a wind-up merchant you are, RLC!
You're so tiring and incredibly dismissive of others' opinions. Your one-upmanship is frankly pathetic, 'chum'!

Life is far too short, however, to get embroiled in a weekly tit-fot-tat with The Pedant. You know who you are..... "

RLC, you also used the word "maligned" in the Posh report as well as in this, so OJJ's point was that you are trying to AGAIN make the point that people who don't think the same as you re Banks, Payne etc. are wrong.

Incidentally the meaning of a pedant is defined as "a person who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules or with displaying academic learning". One case immediately of you being exactly that came to my mind when a couple of weeks ago a poster said we had gone to 442 and you went back rudely and said the person concerned can't have been watching the game as we went to 433. I thought about replying at that time since I also thought we had gone 442 but I decided I couldn't be bothered either.....

So I stand by my comment that OJJ was not rude and hope he sees fit to post again in future and we should perhaps all reflect that this forum works best when people disagree they do it politely and not dismissively....
This is becoming absurd. A number of OJJ's posts addressed directly to me have included insulting terms such as pedant, ridiculous, pathetic, dismissive.... I won't trawl through his points to list them all. He also has not been averse to winding up another poster, for example his direct quotation of me and instruction that I should show 'humility' when Mullin scored against Gillingham. It was that post that prompted my response last Saturday. I am not obliged to agree with your, or anybody else's opinion about Mullin, Banks, Payne or any other player and find it strange that you think I should. This is a forum after all.

Player
Manager
John King
Can we stay on topic please chaps. Anything personal or directed at another forum member is never constructive in an open forum and ends up spoiling the thread. If you feel the need to comment about another poster, please do it privately and directly to the poster so you can sort your differences out.

A great example of this community and I hope they don't mind me saying but @Boz and @Rockfords Love Child have shared their differences over the years, which I always enjoy reading but have never resorted to personal attacks or comments about each other's character.
I agree. I have been on this forum for close on a decade, disagreeing fiercely with many regular posters in that time, yet it is only in recent weeks that I have faced overt hostility from a couple of recent arrivals. Perhaps they also need to examine their attitudes and behaviour.

Player
Manager
John King
I did not realise we were restricted to one comment per player on this forum. I am pretty sure I remember OJJ eulogising Mullin more than once, so I don't see anything particularly controversial about my behaviour relative to his.

Player
Manager
John King
My reply re. the formation was in response to OJJ's obviously provocative opening post, where he quoted my comment about Mullin from the previous week and told me to learn 'humility'. It was not a comment made in isolation, as you imply.

I was then curtly asked 'What game were you watching ?' and told I was a 'broken record'; not exactly the height of manners. I notice you did not comment ONCE on OJJ's conduct throughout the whole episode. Hardly impartial.

Player
Manager
John King
The use of the word 'pedantic' was clearly intended as an insult and if it is not possible to discuss different formations on football forums, I am not sure what purpose they serve. And 442 is fundamentally different to 433, by the way.

Player
Manager
John King
In the case of those two, I am not overly surprised or concerned.

Not that anyone forced OJJ to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.