• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Bradford

Player
aldo
well this should be a winnable game but we all know about those type of games, James Vaughan should be well up for this let,s hope he has a blinder if they have the same application as at Bolton then I will go for another 3-0 win with the goals spread through the team

Player
ian goodison
last season the son-in-law and grandsons would have gathered for tea & bacon butties before the game I would have done drinks,crisps, etc then on to the xmas game oh well hope foe a 3-0 win to cheer us up

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Bradford had been in a terrible run of form, but have won their last two since sacking Stuart McCall. They played at Grimsby on Tuesday night, which might give us an advantage in terms of extra rest. Despite their recent upturn, it is a game we have to win, and if we match last week's performance at Bolton we should have too much for them.

Keith Hill suggested there are a couple of injury worries in his pre-match interview but did not give any names. I would imagine we will stick as close to the starting eleven from the Bolton game as possible.

I am gutted that I did not get a ticket for this match, but hope those that did enjoy the day. It might be our last time at Prenton Park in a while.:(

Prediction: Rovers victory.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Jack Young was put up for the pre-match interview, so hopefully he'll be available after his impressive return to first team action. Earlier comments suggested Spearing would be ok, wouldn't want to be without him. Clarke or Vaughan, but we should be able to cope with absentees elsewhere.

Think we need to win this to put ourselves back in the play-off spot zone. Expecting a tight game, maybe settled by the odd goal or even spoils shared.

Player
Manager
John King
Going briefly off-topic, confirmation in the programme today that the attendance for the recent Man City game was 568, the lowest ever for a competitive match at Prenton Park.

Good to see the boycott of that competition is still ongoing, despite the paucity of live football at the moment.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Wonder if Morris was one of the fitness doubts, or Lloyd's higher energy game a tactical tweak to deal with something in the the opponent's game. Given the pre-match remarks, was expecting one or two more absentees from the Bolton win.

Player
aldo
COME ON LADS, let's have a good game bring it on wonder if Vaughn scores will he celebrate hope he has a blinder, hope he does not do a Norwood as I remember in a game against Forest he was dreadful, so come on James

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
My guess is Morris was one of those was a bit under the weather.
Their front 4 are decent at this level: billy clarke, ex Crewe man Donaldson, Lee Novak and Gareth evans. Lots of experience there and potential goals.
Will be a test this

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Decent first half. Plenty of crosses into the box in open play but only really Vaughan in there. Need to get more out of CBT.

Player
Manager
John King
Bradford have had a couple of chances on the break but we have been much the better side and should be ahead. Just need that first goal.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, need to get on the end of one of the crosses. Just got to watch them on the break.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Bradford started the stronger, but after the opening minutes Rovers have had the bulk of possession and some good set-pieces not converted. Their right-back looks a weak link but CBT not really testing him. Could go either way.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Think we need more of a threat in the penalty box. Vaughan working hard but we need more bodies in there. Lots of huffing and puffing from the likes of Lloyd and feeney but don’t think their keeper has done much

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Morris and Ferrier on for Lloyd and CBT. Not surprised Danny has gone off and whilst CBT has been quiet; he’s still capable of a moment of magic. Possibly under the weather.

Player
Manager
John King
Young has been poor today. Their midfielder waltzed past him for the goal which has been coming this half.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes it’s been coming. Too easy for them to score their goal but we’re still creating very little in the final third.

good turn from Ferrier nearly ends up in a goal: need to get the ball to him

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree re Young generally, but should have been some covering defenders

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Can’t get out of our half at the moment. Woolery on for Young.