• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Cup Rovers v Brackley (FA Cup 2nd Round)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brackley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Brackley (FA Cup 2nd Round)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Friday, November 27, 2020 - 07:55 PM
Until: Friday, November 27, 2020 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Lewis coming on. Apart from maybe CBT we look like we can’t create anything

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
And Woolery coming on too. Khan and Feeney off. Would have preferred LLoyd or Ferrier

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I would have gone 4-4-2 with feeney right and CBT left. Ferrier and Vaughan up front. Still only got one recognised striker on the pitch and we need a goal

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
They are the better team if we dont improve soon could go out.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I would have gone 4-4-2 with feeney right and CBT left. Ferrier and Vaughan up front. Still only got one recognised striker on the pitch and we need a goal

what do I know!!

get in Woolery!! 1-0

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Fantastic finish from Woolery. About time..

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well it’s job done. Not great by any means but the strength of the squad was the difference in the end.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Was a very poor performance - says it all when the commentator struggled to come up with a MOM!
What a pity also that we didn't play like we have been recently when the cameras were on us!
Can only put it down to spirited opposition raising their game and our tiredness after 3 games in 6 days.
Still in the hat is good news.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Well, we won. That’s the main thing. I thought Brackley played out of their skins and were well organised. Defensively, they had quality and quantity. But we just had to be patient - and we were.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Haha how well did Keith Hill come across then.....looks like he's good value around the place. Not the best performance but on to the next round and Liverpool at home!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A pity that we could not put on a show for the cameras, but the result is everything really. We were on a hiding to nothing and these games rarely end up as thrashings.

I think we struggled with a match that was played at such a low tempo and never really became stretched, with Brackley happy to sit in two banks of four with two defensive midfielders. Although it was generally uninspiring, at least we did keep the ball on the floor and did not become frustrated. I think Hill also deserves some credit for the changes in the second half: moving CBT out wide did improve things, and the substitutes made a positive impression, Woolery with the goal and Lewis by giving us more grit in midfield.

I thought Spearing and Monthe did well defensively, and although Morris gave the ball away a few times, he was always happy to receive it and was the player trying hardest to make something happen.

It was also interesting that there was a bit more variety in the set plays tonight, possibly another contribution from Hill.

Seven wins out of seven, so we can't complain too much.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Excellent coverage by the Beeb; great entertainment! I'd happily swap my old fella's seat with Karen Carney - such a positive person and great knowledge. Important thing is that we're through and such a shame if our League 2 rivals don't rate us.

Player
aldo
and HILL SAYS im no peacock, poor game by rovers Morris looked the most up for it Vaughn taken out of the game Manny played super, and Peter Clarke superb. Blacket Talor quiet and well-marked the Woolery goal was superb Fair play to Brackerly they where superb and could have done us if they had a few shots on Target, look it was never going to be easy but fair to the lads they played ok and got through

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Our quality won it in the end. In truth, for as hard as Brackley worked, it was mainly to stifle us and they did it well. However, they ended up with zero shots on target and eventually our patience was rewarded. I thought Lewis and Woolery made a real difference in the middle when they came on. Not a great spectacle by any means and I told loads of people to watch us tonight as they'll be impressed with our play. Anyway, job done and into round three!