• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Cup Rovers v Brackley (FA Cup 2nd Round)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brackley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Brackley (FA Cup 2nd Round)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Friday, November 27, 2020 - 07:55 PM
Until: Friday, November 27, 2020 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Bit surprised that Macdonald moved to right-back rather than Rides.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Only 15 mins gone but we’ve not been great. Look a bit shaky at the back. Need a goal to settle us down

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not really got a rhythm going yet. We should grow into it.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Bit surprised that Macdonald moved to right-back rather than Rides.
Yes I’m the same. Rides has played RB before and McDonald better going forward on his natural left side.
Obviously we’ve been winning games but I’d still prefer feeney on the right wing playing to his strengths

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Morris has been poor this half I think, keeps giving the ball away. Fair play to Brackley though, they're making it difficult and defending well!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, they are working hard but our final ball has been frustrating.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not a great half from us at all. Some bits and pieces but don’t think their keeper has had a save to make. We’ve been sloppy at times giving the ball away and they have looked dangerous on occasions often coming down the left side. Hard to believe they have won one game all season and are 16th in their division. They are very organised and working hard but we’ve been fairly average all over the pitch. Wouldn’t mind Ferrier and Lloyd on to shake it up as fairly easy for their centre backs so far. As white squaddie says Morris has been poor but Khan and CBT not much better

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We might be better off going 442 to get some width and isolate CBT against the full back.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, we need CBT running at them, that's where he is most dangerous.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
That was a very poor half, they carried more threat than us. Our passing was poor the build up laboured & the first time passes & flicks not come off.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hill needs to earn his keep here as something probably needs to change as at this rate we could lose this plus they have won their last two cup ties on penalties so would obviously be happy with a shootout. Good options on the bench though

ADD

Player
Norwood
Worst 45 since Jackson left so will be good to see what Hill does at half time.
That said our superior fitness should mean they can't keep this pressing going for another 45 and I suspect plenty of chances will come...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They are working hard and stifling us a little. That can be expected in cup games. I'm sure our quality will come through and I can't see them keeping up the same level of intensity.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's been a troubling first half and Brackley have had the better off it, including dispossessing Clarke on one occasion. Not sure that it's fair to single Morris out, he's tried to do different things, whereas Feeney has been more predictable. Maybe someone like Danny Lloyd could mix things up a bit and pressurise their players more, it's been too comfortable for the visitors.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Still not great this. The visitors looking threatening at times. Vaughan needs some help up top

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Still no sign of improvement, this is getting a tad worrying at the moment need to move it around quicker we are making it too easy for them.