• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Cup Rovers v Brackley (FA Cup 2nd Round)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brackley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Brackley (FA Cup 2nd Round)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Friday, November 27, 2020 - 07:55 PM
Until: Friday, November 27, 2020 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
well, we take on Brackley Town in the cup. they are not in great form but this will be their cup Final and will be up for it we need an early goal to settle the lads down. don,t think there will be much change to the team with the prize money on offer we need to get it won and avoid another Oxford city game really looking forward to it and hoping for a barmy

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Brackley Town are the next visitors to Prenton Park, as Rovers look to extend their winning run to a seventh game.

The visitors are currently languishing in the lower reaches of National League North, and drew 1-1 with Chester in their last outing. I don't recognise many names in their squad, although I am familiar with striker Wes York from his time at Wrexham and Gateshead in our non league days, and they are managed by former Wrexham boss Kevin Wilkin.

The match will be our one hundreth televised game but, perhaps surprisingly, only the second Rovers game live on the BBC, the first being our FA Cup Quarter Final at Millwall in 2004.

As I have said previously, I would not make wholesale changes for this match. If we start with a completely scratch eleven we risk an upset, and I would like us to put in a decent display for the TV cameras. I would rest a few of the senior players who are looking jaded, such as Feeney, and rotate in the areas where we have like for like cover.

However, I would be tempted to keep the spine of the team unchanged, starting Spearing, Vaughan and CBT and then replacing them if we are in a commanding position. From Keith Hill's comments last night, it sounds like we will be at pretty much full strength.

I am looking forward to this hungry and talented Rovers side showing the country what it is capable of.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Gutted we won't be in attendance. I absolutely love these FA Cup games. But it is what it is..

I think there will be little changes in the squad as hinted by Keith Hill. I hope they put in a really solid performance and like RLC says, show the viewers what they are capable of. I know nothing about the visitors, although I noticed they played our neighbours Chester on Saturday. Dare I predict the result? I'm going for 3-0 Rovers.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Ideally have the game sewn up by half time and then make changes to save legs for the league. 4-0 Rovers, with Vaughan, CBT, Morris and Khan on the scoresheet.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Think they will tire towards th end of the game and it will be a fairly comfortable 3 0 win as long as the effort commitment & attitude is right.

I guess we can only use 3 subs in the game although I'm not sure.

Player
aldo
we just have to remember the Oxford city game, no respect get at em score early get cory running at em he is scaring LG 2 defenders imagine these guys when he runs at em.,

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
The match will be our one hundreth televised game but, perhaps surprisingly, only the second Rovers game live on the BBC, the first being our FA Cup Quarter Final at Millwall in 2004.
That is surprising and you had me on Google, RLC, having remembered the First Round tie against Braintree in 2012 being on terrestrial TV. However, it was on ITV4 midweek after the original match (scheduled for ITV1) had been postponed. We won 0-3 and Cole Stockton was outstanding that evening. Any ideas if we have had other games televised live on ITV? Who had the 2000 Worthington Cup final?

Player
Manager
John King
That is surprising and you had me on Google, RLC, having remembered the First Round tie against Braintree in 2012 being on terrestrial TV. However, it was on ITV4 midweek after the original match (scheduled for ITV1) had been postponed. We won 0-3 and Cole Stockton was outstanding that evening. Any ideas if we have had other games televised live on ITV? Who had the 2000 Worthington Cup final?
Back in the nineties I know we had a number of games live on Granada, usually presented by Elton Welsby. Matches against Newcastle and Palace spring to mind, and I remember watching a five goal thrashing at West Brom in my student digs in the 94-95 season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Interesting selection options for Keith Hill. All the signs are that there won't be many changes from the side that started v Carlisle. Think I'd rest Feeney, who's not been his best since his partner gave birth and maybe CBT, as a bit injury-prone, while there is an argument to rest some of the more senior pros. On balance starting strong and making subs if we can manage to get a comfortable lead makes sense.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
I think the starting 11 tomorrow should be the 11 that started against Carlisle, press Brackley from the start and endeavour to build a commanding lead and then, hopefully, consider making changes where necessary with Tuesdays away game in mind.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'd like to see more of Ferrier, Woolery and LLoyd as they have all looked hungry recently. Fitting them into the first XI is not easy though. I can't remember the last time we had such a strong lineup on the bench.

Player
Manager
John King
I reckon Lloyd will replace Feeney but that might be the only change to the starting eleven.

Player
aldo
yes agree with all the team is The strongest in a long time who gets the credit is it MJ, if so then he did something right as a manager, I would keep the team unchanged and then use the bench at around 60 mins

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
yes agree with all the team is The strongest in a long time who gets the credit is it MJ, if so then he did something right as a manager, I would keep the team unchanged and then use the bench at around 60 mins
The recruitment has ben spot on, the problem previously was setting the team.up to play attacking football.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Really looking forward to tonight; pizza, wine and big telly! Let's hope we avoid any complacency, do ourselves justice and avoid the banana skin. The presence of a new gaffer should help our cause.

Player
ian goodison
whilst the temptation to make changes may be strong we can,t afford to be sentimental the prospect of a glamour tie on the telly in these times must be a realistic hope, I hope we get to a situation were we are able to give some players say 30mins

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Some decent build up coverage this. Makes me miss the place even more.

hoping CBT has a quiet game so no scouts are impressed. Wonder if Jacko is watching/

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Enjoy the game lads, and no iFollow commentary :thumbsup: