• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Bluebirds

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I think we need a threat wide, and or we keep hawkes and bring someone who can deliver. A goalscorer or a true target man or both. And a natrual left full back when we play with four at the back. Also an attacking central midfielder who is box to box to take advantage of the ball in the box from wide. This is added to the times when a goal up and the resiliance of the best record clean sheets when we go five at the back as we did in the second half. We need resilience and an extra centre half would not be a bad idea if Percival Knight, has fitness issues.
If we dont improve our squad, i cant see our promotion. Its a good job this league is poor.
I forgot to add yesterday it was good to see Banks, Ellis, Kay and Mike Jones, who was the best midfielder on show, and another ex player released by Ronnie Moore, who had potential to be a good pro. And he has been.

Helmet readjusted.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
You would!
And even other posters have said that our central midfield struggled against their midfield, their passing, interplay, energy, creativity especilly first half, and when dominating possession won first and second balls, and were continually fouled.
Dont know what game you were watching or you desperately need to take those glasses you borrowed from Steve Rice, off.
Even parky in his interview, said, we did well in our resilance and we had to change to be more resiliant because we couldnt keep possession because of the number of times we gave the ball away with bad passes and hit and hope balls.
Good job we won!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought Gotts was their best midfielder, in the number ten role. They outnumbered us in midfield which is partly why they retained possession better than us, but individually Spearing and Morris played well and were more impressive than Jones.