• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Blackpool

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I agree with the sentiments above regarding the match. After a poor start it was an excellent performance by us and we were unfortunate not to pinch all 3 points at the end. Ferrier was superb and gave Blackpool's defence a torrid afternoon; they struggled to deal with him and were fortunate to finish with 11 men. I loved the passion he showed after his goal, you can see how much it means to him. It was so unfortunate that we gave away the regulation daft goal since our defence otherwise coped pretty well with a decent attacking team. I really enjoyed the game, it was very exciting and end to end with neither side wanting to settle for the draw.

At the moment it is looking like 1 from 4 (or possibly 2 from 5 if Bolton continue to improve). For me the most worrying thing is that Rochdale are one of those teams since they were really impressive at PP at the start of the season. The reverse fixture isn't until mid-February and will be a good sign as to how much we have adjusted to playing at this level.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
For me the most worrying thing is that Rochdale are one of those teams since they were really impressive at PP at the start of the season. The reverse fixture isn't until mid-February and will be a good sign as to how much we have adjusted to playing at this level.
Henderson has been out injured for a while, and I am concerned that when he returns they are likely to pull clear to safety.

Player
Norwood
Spot on Chris. It was driving me mad first half. Caprice, Perkins and Morris all guilty of it. I mean how difficult is it to beat the first man?!?!?
If a bloody goalkeeper can get air on a ball, why can't an outfield player?!

Player
Norwood
For me a much better performance than at Burton with MM describing it as a proper Tranmere performance. We could so have done with their replacement keeper making that superb save from Connor with 2 minutes to go...
Ferrier as others said was exceptional today and for sure is now our No.1 striker. Interestingly, MM also said post match that like Nors he feels he plays better when up top by himself as another striker tends to "get in his way" so looks like we may settle on only 1 up front going forward. Defence much improved - Woods guilty of a few misplaced passes but generally given how little game time he had and playing on his weaker side he did well I felt. I would play him instead of Caprice if Rides is fit. Danns was also excellent in my book and if we are looking at changing the midfield I would make him Captain and have Perkins the player moved out. CBT good in patches but clearly not helped by having to play on such a terrible pitch. Connor is also getting confidence and starting to look more influential which is great news. Nelson and Monthe much more solid and we defended well aside from their goal obviously.
That said we need to be winning games such as yesterday's as Lincoln have opened up a gap such that it looks likely it will be 3 from the bottom 6 with Southend looking like the only certainty to go down.
Surely Perkins hasn't become poor overnight, since his addition to last season's squad was very influential in our promotion?
Do you think it is fitness or ability?

Player
Manager
John King
Surely Perkins hasn't become poor overnight, since his addition to last season's squad was very influential in our promotion?
Do you think it is fitness or ability?
I think it is age catching up with him, plus playing at a higher level (he was released from this division last season by Rochdale).

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Perkins looked one of our better players in the early part of the season, but picked up an injury and due to other absentees was brought back before he’d fully recovered. Think Micky needs to use him more sparingly, rather than play him for the full 90, when he’s clearly shattered.

Player
aldo
not the first time mm has not used the subs even when things are going wrong . he can be quite stubborn like that

Player
Manager
John King
We were playing well in the second half, so I would not have made changes other than because of tiredness (ie. Potter for Perkins). I would not say things were going wrong.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If a bloody goalkeeper can get air on a ball, why can't an outfield player?!
We don't really have anyone that can head that well. Even Manny for his size is relatively poor when attacking the ball from corners etc..