• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Barrow

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Barrow

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Barrow
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, April 24, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, April 24, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Forest Green now two down. Hopefully they go into Saturday's game in a bit of a mess.
And if Salford can win tonight, FGR will drop out of the playoffs. Probably not a good thing either as they will be desperate to get back in.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The scores are fairly fluid. If Salford lose tonight we confirm a play-off spot.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The scores are fairly fluid. If Salford lose tonight we confirm a play-off spot.
Exeter now losing. A defeat would effectively end their season, and they would probably roll over at Bolton on Saturday.

Cheltenham have equalised and are promoted as it stands.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Even if Exeter lose, they would have a slim chance of making the play-offs, so would have to hope they don't throw in the towel just yet.

Player
Manager
John King
Even if Exeter lose, they would have a slim chance of making the play-offs, so would have to hope they don't throw in the towel just yet.
True. However, they have been in poor form for weeks now and it is difficult to see them turning that round at Bolton.

Player
Manager
John King
Exeter now winning 3-2.

As it stands, if we avoid defeat on Saturday we qualify for the play offs.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Salford take the lead, could have done without that.

Player
Manager
John King
Salford take the lead, could have done without that.
Henderson is on fire for them at the moment. I think they will be the team to beat in the play offs, assuming that is where we are heading.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Henderson is on fire for them at the moment. I think they will be the team to beat in the play offs, assuming that is where we are heading.
Agreed. I really dislike Salford more than many other hobby clubs but they have the momentum.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Salford were very dull when we played them, I saw nothing exciting about them at all.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
First we have to secure our own play-off spot. Wouldn't be very confident of beating Forest Green at the weekend, if we can get a draw that will do. Assuming no Rovers miracle and notlob go up, the teams I'd rather avoid in the play-offs are Morecambe and Salford.

Player
Manager
John King
I still have not given up on automatic promotion after tonight's results.

I just hope Keith does not set us up too negatively on Saturday, in the knowledge that a point secures the play offs. Fortune favours the brave.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’d agree it’s worth gambling on a line-up for a win Saturday. Even if we ultimately lost, would be fairly confident of getting something at home to Colchester.

If the rumours were true, wonder if Paul Hurst regrets not taking the Rovers job, given he was unable to keep Grimsby up.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Could be an interesting game on Saturday as FGR will have to go for it

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Barrow broadly dominated FGR tonight, particularly upfront through Quigley and Andrew. The scoreline flattering FGR who were a bit lucky only to lose 0-2. FGR, clearly missing Jamille Matt, offered very little in attack until the second half addition of substitute, ex-Tranmere loanee, Kane Wilson who provided a few decent crosses from the right and made some interesting runs into the Barrow box. I think we'll have to keep an eye on him if he plays Saturday.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
First we have to secure our own play-off spot. Wouldn't be very confident of beating Forest Green at the weekend, if we can get a draw that will do. Assuming no Rovers miracle and notlob go up, the teams I'd rather avoid in the play-offs are Morecambe and Salford.
Salford maybe in form but I fancy our chances against them and any team in the play offs I think we will come good.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Salford maybe in form but I fancy our chances against them and any team in the play offs I think we will come good.
I think it depends on either Vaughan being available or the team set up for Nugent’s game and Dave delivering on a regular basis. Play-offs are always a lottery.