• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Barrow

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Barrow

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Barrow
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, April 24, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, April 24, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Three games to go for Rovers who are sitting fifth in the league against the struggling Bluebirds who are 22nd. However with four games to go, they are probably safe from relegation as Southend and Grimsby are all but down but I am sure they would like to take at least a point to guarantee safety.

Rovers will be looking to continue where they left off against Bradford coming home with three much needed points. A win against Barrow would really put the pressure on Bolton and Morecambe.

I would imagine a similar team to Tues night although with Hills record of randomly dropping players, who knows! I would certainly keep the forward setup with Lloyd showing good form at the moment along with Woolery (who desperately needs a goal for his confidence) and Morris causing problems up top. Let's hope we manage at least a shot on target!

Player
aldo
well, I am going super positive 5-0 rovers but all own goals 3 howlers from their keeper who kicks two off Banks. bottom and punches the other into his own net the rest just players trying to clear crosses and cutting them in, with 10k super whites in the ground the place will be bouncing

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I do like your 'interesting and entertaining' pre-match thoughts AM!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Shame the fans aren’t there as they would have given Banks a good reception I think, although he was on the bench on Tuesday night I think in their home defeat to Port Vale.
Given they are highly likely to stay up I suspect they may come and play 5 in midfield hoping for a point which may be enough to mathematically keep them up. So the pressure is on rovers as even though our play off position is fairly certain, another game without a rovers goal would see confidence and form dip again.

We badly need to put some results and goals together to go into the play offs in good form

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Barrow are effectively safe and that is probably reflected in their last two results, with two defeats to nil bringing to an end a period of stronger form. No game is straightforward, but similar to Scunthorpe a couple of weeks ago, we are playing a side with very little to play for and we have a big opportunity to win three points.

I still have not given up on automatic promotion: Bolton and Morecambe play each other tomorrow, and if they were to draw, a Rovers victory would leave us two points behind third place with two games to play. I just hope we don't come off the pitch tomorrow knowing that the sides above us have dropped points, but we have once again failed to take advantage.

I think we will start with a line up similar to the one from the second half on Tuesday night, with Woolery as the central striker in the front three. The attacking trio of Woolery, Lloyd and Morris did look sharper on Tuesday, so hopefully we will see more of a goal threat in this game.

For the first time in a while I have predicted a Rovers victory.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Don't know if it gives BBTC any reassurance , but I haven't forecast a Rovers win ~ find it hard to make a prediction for this game. While we game-managed well after taking the lead on Tuesday and had the good chance from Woolery near the end, there wasn't much to indicate the goal drought is going to end. I think Sparky suggestion of Barrow packing the midfield may be accurate and unsure on recent showings that we've got the ability to unpick that. Wouldn't be surprised by a last minute Ollie Banks thunderbolt though.

No real clues from KH pre-match interview, while it was the first time I'd heard Calum Macdonald, who came across as a calm and articulate individual. Agree that a similar line-up to Tuesday with Morris, Lloyd and Woolery central is probably our best approach.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Unchanged team with Khan, CBT and Jolley on the bench.
Sensible. No point in changing an elusive winning formula, especially a lucky one. ;)

I sincerely hope CBT gets at least half an hour to show what he can do. A match fit and motivated Corey could be our secret weapon in the playoffs.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Barrow seem to have a lot of big lads in their starting xi.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
And so we've spent the first 15 mins booting it in the air.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
First quarter of the game gone. I’m nodding off already....