• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Barrow FA Trophy

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think Maynard was fantastic yesterday. He was all over the pitch, got in some great tackles and did well surging forward.

Agree with a lot of the comments here. First 20 mins looked really uncomfortable but we slowly grew into the game and I think our equaliser deflated the visitors.

I knew at half time we would go on to win but never did I think it would be so emphatic.

Stockton and Mangan looked liked a real good pairing when they got going and Mekki was excellent, to my surprise.

Usually poor refereeing again but the second half was a real joy to watch.

So what does MM do on Tuesday? You'd be a bit disappointed as a player if you score a hattrick and then get relegated to the bench.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Mike Jackson said that Dawson had had family problems but he is back in training now. Harris is probably competing with Jennings and Maynard for one spot.
Re Dawson, I always felt there was more to it. No mention of any injuries and he should have been match fit when he arrived. There was clearly a reason why he joined us, other than a football one. Let's hope he gets his problems sorted as he will be needed as the season progresses now we have lost Tollitt and Dunn.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Re Dawson, I recall a newspaper article which made mention of his partner having some new IVF treatment and I think that was in the NE. Don't know if that's anything to do with his absence, but as BBTC says we need him available in current circumstances.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the result yesterday had been coming for a few weeks now: we played just as well at Eastleigh and in the first half against Bromley. The difference yesterday was that we took our chances.

Re. Dawson, when you consider his CV it is no surprise to learn of his off the field problems. Hopefully he can get his head straight in the next few months.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I've seen the goals again. For the Barrow one, it wasn't a mistake by McNulty, as my initial thought, but being beaten to a header, which put their scorer in. Still unsure that Ihky could have done much more to stop it.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I've seen the goals again. For the Barrow one, it wasn't a mistake by McNulty, as my initial thought, but being beaten to a header, which put their scorer in. Still unsure that Ihky could have done much more to stop it.

I think Ihky should have been stronger in the challenger but a very good win marred by a very bad injury to jake, hope he recovers as soon as possible

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Having now seen the goals, I agree that Ihky's challenge was poor for their goal, but his control was good for the equaliser. Cole has bulked up a lot and is now willing to use this strength to compete for the ball. He looks a different player and is now a more than able deputy to Andy Cook. The way he asked to take the penalty and confident way he took it spoke volumes for the confidence he now has.

I only saw 5 minutes of highlights, but the team looks like a team, playing for each other. The fitness levels look so good, you'd have thought the second half was the first half. Only the muddy kit gave it away.

The recent injuries would have rocked many clubs facing the prospect of a cup-tie, an important league match and a derby game in seven days, but I like the positive, professional way Micky has spoken about everything. I am confident we will do well in both the games this week.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Coles third..