• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Bantams

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Bradford

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Bantams
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, November 23, 2021 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is Bradford City next for Rovers. The Bantams spent heavily in the summer and poached the highly rated Derek Adams from Morecambe, but have underachieved and are currently becalmed in mid table. City have drawn their last three matches and like ourselves have struggled to score goals, and Adams is already under a bit of pressure.

They have got some decent players, such as Vernam and Lavery, but fortunately for us Andy Cook is currently out injured.

I think our starting line up will be very similar to the one that finished the game yesterday. This is the team I would go with, either in a diamond or a straight 442, and I don't think Mellon's selection will be too different:

Doohan
Cogley Clarke Davies MacDonald
Morris Spearing Foley Hawkes
Glatzel Maynard

The home games next week provide a great opportunity to push back into the play off places, so hopefully we can build on the positive display yesterday. Bradford will bring a decent following, so it should be a good crowd and atmosphere for a Tuesday night game.

Last edited:

ADD

Player
Norwood
It's an important game and as you say RLC win this and next Saturday and we are right back in it.
I agree your team selection looks good though personally I would bring Murphy in however I doubt MM will do so.
Going for a 2-1 win with Glatzel getting one of them.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
RLCs line up looks positive and I hope Micky takes note. Agree it is an important game. Defeat would undo the good result yesterday and would mean another loss in front of the SWA. Pleased Cookie is absent as he is dangerous but I hope ridehalgh gets a good reception.
Adams leaving promoted morcambe means the bantams faithful have big expectations for the season but like us they sit in mid table but not too far off the top 7.
As ADD says Micky May be tempted to recall Murphy but I doubt it. Davies has looked a bit shaky in recent games but then so have Clarke and KP so will be interesting which one partners Peter in the back 4. I’d prefer Davies but MM may prefer the balance with KP on the left
Should be a good atmosphere and a big opportunity for 6 points over the coming week

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A very big couple of weeks ahead with 2 league and 2 Cup games.

Think we will draw this 1 1

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A very big couple of weeks ahead with 2 league and 2 Cup games.

Think we will draw this 1 1
Agreed, Mart. City have actually drawn their last five matches in a competitions 1-1. That may already be a record, but surely six 1-1s would be. ;) We can't be sure that we have turned the corner after yesterday and Bradford are a decent side under a good manager.

I agree this could be a critical fortnight. Optimistically, four wins could see us back in the promotion hunt, three games from another Pizza Cup final at Wembley and into the third round of the FA Cup for the fourth year in a row with possibly another Premier League scalp to contemplate. Pessimistically, we could remain in midtable and without any cup glory to anticipate. It may be argued that the Orient game is the one we want to win above all, as an attractive third round tie might generate some cash for players.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Bradford fans haven’t been that impressed with Adams so far. However he’s good at setting up teams as hard to beat and how they set up to achieve a result won’t be pretty.

No issues with the side RLC suggests. I agree with ADD about Murphy but don’t see Micky changing things there. Really important that we get something out of this game and ideally all the points but a hard one to call.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think coming back from two goals down will give the lads confidence going into this one. We may also have found an answer up front so hopefully we will see a lineup as suggested by RLC above. Going for 2-0.

Player
aldo
yet Another game I can,t get to with my Xmas parties starting tomorrow, at this rate another season will be gone with me not watching,I would keep the team who finishr=ed the game for Tuesday 3-1 with glaz and Maynard getting them

Player
ian goodison
for me murphy and davies should start but have given up trying to second guess mickey hope we put in a good performance as being 70odd cold Tuesday nights are no fun

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
for me murphy and davies should start but have given up trying to second guess mickey hope we put in a good performance as being 70odd cold Tuesday nights are no fun
I agree with all five of your comments - including my age! I don't know why we have so many midweek games this month when some could have been played earlier in the season when it was a bit milder.

Player
aldo
It's ok chaps I'm going to be stuck in a Lovely hot kitchen doing turkey dinners for 80 covers LOL, yes would be great to have a good performance and result,sure as hell we need aome

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If you are interested, Bradford City are in the top ten teams we have played the most often in the EFL. Surprisingly, considering their pedigree, we have beaten them more times than we have lost.
played won drawn lost % won
Bradford City8034192742.5

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Last time we played Bradford at home, it was a terrible game although PP was pretty devoid of atmosphere with around 2k in attendance all wearing wasks! Let's hope for better tonight.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
If you are interested, Bradford City are in the top ten teams we have played the most often in the EFL. Surprisingly, considering their pedigree, we have beaten them more times than we have lost.
played won drawn lost % won
Bradford City8034192742.5
Although Bradford is a big city, the football club has bumbled around in the bottom two divisions for much of its history like ourselves, so perhaps unsurprising that we have a good record against them

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Maynard and glatzel start. Spearing on the bench/ looks like Micky reverts to a back 4 with foley and OConnor in the middle of midfield. Quite an attacking line up overall

Player
aldo
I am happy with the two lads up top not surprised Elliot has been dropped, also not surprised with no Feeney or Macca

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hmm. Pleased about Maynard and Glatzel. Surprised O'Connor kept his place after central midfield was often a weak point at Bristol. Foley looked decent again when he came on, so pleased he's starting. No place for Nevitt on a geriatric bench, if things aren't our way there don't seem to be many game changers there, Duffy perhaps.