• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v AFC Wimbledon

Rovers v AFC Wimbledon
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, December 21, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, December 21, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
No no no! He was clueless with every ball that came across the box; nailed to his line. He gave a physical presence and saved every shot directly at him but that was all. His distribution was generally good.
, to be fair.
I did not notice any particular weakness from crosses. His judgement and handling were fine whenever the ball came into the box. I agree with Boz about his distribution, which is a weakness of Scott's.

ADD

Player
Norwood
A very good performance I felt although it has to be said that Wimbledon were truly awful. Heaven knows how they took 7 points from their last 9 after that showing. Concerns still around the fact that we did not kill off the game - should have had at least 1 or 2 more. That said defensively we looked far far more solid so credit where credit is due. Midfield was also much better. For me Danns had his best game for us to date and Perkins seems to be back to full fitness. Agree that Ferrier was not 100% fit - MM said had only had 2 training sessions in past 2 weeks due injury and bereavement but he still put a good shift in. Chapman I also thought was very solid and he seemed fine to me on crosses as well. Interestingly MM said the referee was excellent (and no he wasn't being sarcastic) - for me he did fine and both our bookings were correct IMO although yes they should have had at least 2 bookings also....
One thing I don't understand however is where is Wilson? No mention of him being injured in any recent press conferences but again not even on the bench. I find that baffling TBH and don't understand why he (definitely) and Woods (probably) are not starting.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I can only think that Wilson is injured as I would start him ahead of jakw

Player
Manager
John King
I can only think that Wilson is injured as I would start him ahead of jakw
Yes, I think that must be the case. I would definitely start Wilson ahead of Caprice. However, I would not necessarily start Woods ahead of him, both because of his unreliability and also because Caprice is the only one of the back four / five with genuine pace.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Maybe Wilson is going back in January?

ADD

Player
Norwood
Maybe Wilson is going back in January?
His loan was only to January I think yes but seems to make little sense not playing him if we are paying him? That said will be disappointing if he does go back - or maybe West Brom think he can do something for them?

Player
Manager
John King
Going briefly off topic, a well respected football site recently nominated the ten best managers in England in the last decade. Micky Mellon came in at number nine. Just demonstrates how highly regarded he is throughout the game and how lucky we are to have him. Five promotions in ten years.

Reactions: Ian
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
That reminds me of the time FourFourTwo voted Johnny King in the top twenty managers of all time. You could argue about both votes, but I doubt you would find many Rovers fans who would disagree that they are the best two managers in our club's history. Certainly, in all my years no-one else comes close. Both won two big games at Wembley and led the club to a double promotion. Anyone who criticises Micky this season should remember these achievements.

Player
aldo
another 834 tickets coming i might get another one and give that one to charity to what the hell its Christmas