• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Addicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Rovers follow up their encouraging draw at Carlisle with a visit from table-topping Charlton. Only a dubious penalty prevented Tranmere taking all three points on this seasons trip to The Valley. Since then, the visitors have been on a steady and consistent run, suggesting a return to The Championship. A hard fought draw at PP last season, the previous was the 0-4 hammering in the Barnes era.

Goodison is a doubt according to the o/s. With Raven still out, this leaves us short of cover at the back, if he doesn't play, so maybe a first bench appearance for Will Vaulks or will Danny Holmes/Michael Kay be pressed into service in the centre if a problem develops with Mark/Ash. Otherwise, expect the same side as Carlisle.

Prediction. Even as table-toppers don't expect more than ~300 visiting fans in a crowd of 4.5k. Think the visitors will prove too strong for us.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
This will be tough for sure. Charlton are absolutely flying and we'll have to be at our best. Our promising draw on Tuesday will have helped the lads and I think they'll be up for it, they usually are against the high flyers. Of course you wonder where the goals are going to come from, but let's hope if we get some chances, we can stick one or two away.

Really looking forward to this after the postponement last week. Even with Goodison out, I think we'll surprise Charlton and sneak a 1-0 win. Hmm, OK, maybe 1-1.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
As long as Tuesday hasnt knackered them, then a draw, likely 0-0, but im more inclined to think a 2-1 to the southern softies....

DIW

Player
Goodison
I suspect we will be in a decent showing but it won't be enough to win the game, lets face it Charlton are a decent side.

1-1 is a real possibility, but I can see them winning. That said, though, we've got to win again sometime so who knows?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Charlton don't seem to enjoy playing us and haven't beaten us since the 4-0 debacle in the short-lived Barnes era, but like most people I struggle to see us actually winning the game. Let's face it, a draw would be a good result.

It is just a pity the Preston game has been delayed again, as it seems our next victory could still be some time away, despite the marked improvement in our performance on Tuesday night.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
2-1 roverssss

Status
Not open for further replies.