• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Accrington

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I thought Stanley werent a bad side and fairly easy on the eye the way they played the ball around. I was also impressed that even at 0-3 down they continued to probe and will have felt unlucky they didnt get on the scoresheet, just lacking that bit of guile / cutting edge in the final third.

Whereas we on the other hand were clinical and Donnolly looks like he knows where the goal is. His second goal right in front of me was such a cool and composed finish - he just passed it into the corner. He was my MOM because of his goals and workrate but agree with frenchrover that big Odejayi was immense. I just hope it wasnt because he was playing against a previous employer and he keeps it up (and stays fit of course).

Credit also to Fonners for the important save at 0-2 when Ihikwe did that dodgy backpass. I've said before that whilst Fonners isnt perfect overall he is a top keeper at this level.

Same again for Ronnies return on Saturday please!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The footage of the meeting made available by the Trust certainly made for interesting viewing. The comments about Butler's attempts to block the Trust's plans for further involvement with the club made me wonder whether he was simply operating as a trojan horse for Michael Wilde after all.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Boz thanks for the link to the Trust's meeting, it makes interesting reading. For the good of the club I think I'll be leaving my investment in the Trust in place.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's difficult to tell from a couple of minutes TV highlights, but it's a long time since I saw us score Rovers score three goals with such fluidity. The confidence and teamwork were clear to see, despite having two new players and a third making his first start. You'd never think Donnelly (Rory, I mean) hadn't scored a league goal before. These will surely be the first of many. Fenelon seems to have found a role wide on the right where he can exploit his speed. I hope we can extend his contract to the end of the season, as there's no obvious replacement on the books. We are also light at the back and I expect we'll start to bring players in once we know what's happening with Max and we will perhaps have a bit more money to spend.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
A very enjoyable trip up from the Midlands for me. Only my second game this year and I've seen us score 6 goals!

Sat in the Kop for a change which gives you a different perspective on the game. Our two first half goals in front of the Cowies looked very soft and more down to poor defending from Stanley, however the highlights showed that they were both well taken. With Donnelly getting the better of three defenders to win the ball at the near post and Fenelon smashing home a loose ball. Composed finish by Donnelly for the third too.

I thought Stanley were dreadful to be honest although this might have been down to our workrate and never allowing them to settle on the ball.

Agree with the comments about Odejayi, battled all afternoon and did great job holding the ball up and winning us some free kicks in good areas. Ref was decent for a change too!

I've had a good look at the league table this afternoon and I honestly can't believe we're still in the position we are. Over the last 10 games we are the form side in the entire bottom half of the table, taking 15 points from our last 10 games. We simply have to start climbing the league now. I'll even stick my neck out and say top half might not be over ambitious.

Some other random points...
  • I think it only cost £32 for me, my dad (65+) and the two nippers to see the game. Great value and I see the club are now doing some family deals in the paddock for the rest of the season.
  • Looking forward to some away games around the Midlands which i should be able to get to. Cheltenham, Northampton, Cambridge (and Mansfield possibly) all coming up... love an away day!
  • After 36 years I've now sat or stood in every stand at prenton park

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I've had a good look at the league table this afternoon and I honestly can't believe we're still in the position we are.
We are such a better team than we were early in the season when we couldn't buy a win. We have improved and will continue to do so. I think the squad is stronger and Micky has brought in some good loan signings. I think we'll start to see ourselves moving away from that bottom two in the next few weeks.