• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Accrington Stanley

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I thought he was a candidate but also Neil Danns was skipper at Bury. At least we have some leaders in midfield.

Player
ian goodison
looking at our defensive frailties you wouldn,t think out coach was a former defender we need some pace in mid-field but feel we may be stuck with 30+ year olds as he appears to fancy Gilmore even when fit & I,m scratching my head to see what the point has been in bringing Maddox in

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
looking at our defensive frailties you wouldn,t think out coach was a former defender we need some pace in mid-field but feel we may be stuck with 30+ year olds as he appears to fancy Gilmore even when fit & I,m scratching my head to see what the point has been in bringing Maddox in
That former defender's coaching seemed to work pretty well when it earned us back to back promotions. Unless he has become a poor coach in the last four months.......

We are lacking experience at this level at the back, which is why our decision making is suspect at times and we are conceding sloppy goals. A manager or coach is ultimately only as good as the players he can put on the pitch.

Gilmour was actually in the side when he was injured, but we can't simply go to the other extreme and have a midfield of unproven youngsters. We are lacking an experienced midfielder in the 24-28 age bracket, which is down to budget constraints.

There is an argument for Maddox being given an opportunity in the number ten role in place of Jennings, but he is not an orthodox central midfielder and is not a direct replacement for Perkins or Danns.

ADD

Player
Norwood
I agree with that RLC though as I said earlier I thought Walker Rice should have been on the subs bench as reward for his performance on Wednesday although maybe MM felt he needed a rest or had a slight injury? His distribution from set plays is better from what I saw than any first team player - every single attempt went straight to his intended target Ray and had some pace on it! If we can't score enough goals by incisive passing then maybe we need to go for goals from set plays - get DWR on after half time if we are not winning and get him to target Monthe and Nelson at every attacking freekick and corner. After all we concede plenty from set plays!! Agreed Maddox should get a go - he was also excellent against Man U and offers the legs that Perks and Danns do not. Jennings is still not to my mind at L1 quality this season so yes maybe try Maddox in the No. 10 role or else as left midfield which would give more shielding to Rides as CBT just does not cut it defensively....then CBT could play upfront with Ferrier or else we could have Payne and Ferrier upfront with CBT as an impact sub as defenders tire in the second half...