• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Cup Rovers v Accrington (FA Cup)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Accrington

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Accrington (FA Cup)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, November 7, 2020 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, November 7, 2020 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Another assist for feeney as Clarke’s heads his corner in. 2-1 !!

Player
aldo
the caretaker manager is doing great things. and giving Mark Palios a real headache and some breathing space

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sounded a bit patchy in the opening stages of the second half, but a good header and a few decent chances towards the end. Happy with that!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The second half did not quite match the first, but another excellent performance from Rovers and a deserved victory.

The attacking diosplay was night and day from what we saw only seven days ago. We played with confidence, imagination and pace and looked a constant threat, particularly in the first half. Accrington were comfortable on the ball and dominated possession for long periods, and Pritchard and Mottingham were a handful. However, there was no clear gulf between the sides and if anything our individual displays were more impressive.

I could not really tell you what formation we are playing, as it is very narrow aside from the full backs. However, it is really getting the best out of players like CBT, Khan and Feeney, as it allows them to drift and pick up pockets of space between defence and midfield.

Individually, I thought everybody played well, but Khan had his best game of the season, Spearing was excellent again, and CBT and Feeney were a constant threat on the break.

We alwyas thought we had a quality squad, but now we are putting in the performances to prove it.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
They got on top early in the second half, hitting the post but we got back into it & started to put them under pressure culminating in the winner.

At times some of the link up play was really good and we looked a useful footballing team.

I thought O'connor was outstanding and for me mom.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
They got on top early in the second half, hitting the post but we got back into it & started to put them under pressure culminating in the winner.

At times some of the link up play was really good and we looked a useful footballing team.

I thought O'connor was outstanding and for me mom.
Yes, I agree about O'Connor, forgot to mention him. Great going forward and did well against Pritchard.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We've started to win tight games instead of losing them. Whoever takes over, I hope Dawes stays on.

drwhoman

Great stuff! What a difference a week makes! Hopefully this will only be the start!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Excellent Rovers! Well deserved and enjoyable game of football too! Not said those words very often this season.

Accrington did have a decent spell for 20 mins after the break but they tired a little and we got back into the game. The 1st half was probably the best football I've seen from Rovers this season. I think the big difference now is that we are playing the ball on the floor and it is no coincidence that players like Khan, Morris, Feeney and Spearing are looking a lot better out there.

I actually wouldn't have been that unhappy had we have lost today because the effort was there. They were trying real hard. They tracked back, chased lost balls and put maximum effort in. That's all we want from the team and with the quality we have out there, we can now start moving forward.

We can now sit back and look forward to the 2nd round draw :)

ADD

Player
Norwood
Pretty much agree with what has been said above. Second half we did not play to the same heights as the first half but we were still night and day better than anything we did before Tuesday. One little passage of play down the left touchline with 90 seconds to go was sublime.
Accy are a decent side and considering they were undercooked due Covid enforced break it was impressive how little they faded. That is a very cgood result nevertheless as although they were on top for periods of the game we certainly were not lucky to win....
Pretty much everyone played well - CBT assuming he maintains the motivation will only get better and better playing in that role as understandably he faded quite badly as he tired. Rides crossing was also not great - far too many overhit but these are minor. Overall this proves that there is absolutely nothing wrong with this squad and thank God MP acted relatively quickly as with these players it is criminal that we are already 7 points off a playoff spot.

Player
aldo
now if and a big if we win on Tuesday what does MP do then. it's putting the cat among the pigeons

Player
aldo
oh the Pearson who did the last post. was terrible out of tune and like some of our displays bad

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Interesting set of results with at least 10 giant-killing acts including ours. That means some mouthwatering ties in prospect. I just hope we get a decent draw, preferably winnable and on TV.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Interesting set of results with at least 10 giant-killing acts including ours. That means some mouthwatering ties in prospect. I just hope we get a decent draw, preferably winnable and on TV.
Fingers crossed. Draw at 7pm Monday on BBC2.

Player
aldo
Taylors goal reminded me of Dale Jennings. when he was in full flow if they can get him moving like that and the others chip into we will be ok.and yes Clark,s goal was quality

Player
aldo
one thing I will say you could see the Lads have been doing routines over the last week and working on doing things fast witch we could see with the first goal on sat. also it's great that they want to use Taylor in the right part of the field where he will hurt teams with his pace. even though accy had not played in 3 weeks they are still a good team, just look at Wigan today 2-0 up then lose to Chorley. we had a really good result now move on to Wednesday

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This past weekend really restored a lot of my faith in football. In my view, the FA Cup is the original and the best sporting competition. Over 700 teams from every part of England competing. The chance for minnows to play top sides is the special ingredient. There were some incredible performances by non-league sides, part-timers who have hardly played much recently, like Marine and Chorley. It’s just a shame the fans could not have been there to share the glory. It loses a lot of glamour in the later rounds but by then many small clubs have rewritten their history.